Freenas 9.1 crashplan

Status
Not open for further replies.

tritron

Dabbler
Did anyone had configured crash plan in jail provided by 9.1 ? I guess I should not be using 9,1 but I use pfsense beta 2.1 for ever now with no issues. Is the Linux emulation only 32 bit ? I am getting error ELF binary type "0" not known. I guess java does not want to run on it. SO I guess I need to install freebsd java?

fracai

Guru
It does look like the Linux jail will only run 32 bit, but it also looks like Crashplan should run under 32 bit. Have you tried the following command (from that first link)?

Code:
brandelf -t Linux /path/to/broken/command

See also: http://www.cs.unc.edu/~jeffay/dirt/FAQ/linuxBinaryTips.html

And, based on these instructions (that aren't dealing with a jail), you do have to install Java and make some additional changes.

I'm waiting on 9.1 until after RELEASE, but I'll be all over this once that occurs.

tritron

Dabbler
Is there a howto on installing java. I was trying to install java but I got an error message about var being full.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Is there a howto on installing java. I was trying to install java but I got an error message about var being full.

Where you installing to the jail or the FreeNAS installation?

tritron

Dabbler
I believe is better to go with java for free bsd but I get /var full error message. I attempted to use what crashplan downloaded jave but I an elf is not 0 error.

tritron

Dabbler
Any tips on installing java. I increased var size so i don't get erros about var anymore alsasound and some unable to unlink. I mounted usb rw byt typing mount -uwr /

fracai

Guru
You shouldn't be mounting anything read/write, you should be installing everything within the jail environment.

tritron

Dabbler
Well i just want to install java for freenas. how Do i install java in jail then ? I guess it mus be 32 bit for linux ?

tritron

Dabbler
So I found that I was wrong mount .I guess correct way to mount rw is to issue mount -wu. Now I was able to install java. I can't enter jail. It is running fine but states that no bast or tsch is avaiable.

thewiep

Dabbler
I got CrashPlan working in a Jail on FreeNAS 9.1RC1 and now on FreeNAS 9.1 RELEASE, 32bit though...
I'm putting the bits and pieces together and will try to post it later today

fracai

Guru
You have no idea how happy this news has me. Any issues so far?

thewiep

Dabbler
inotify isn't supported yet:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/linux-kernel

this means that real-time backup isn't possible

you can however verify backups and they transfer to CrashPlan Central just fine.

At this point I have only tested it in a few VM's with small test sets and it seems to work fine.
I plan on trying it with my full CrashPlan backup of approx 650GB later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.