Upgrading Nzbhydra2 from 4.x to 5.x

PnoT

Dabbler
Has anyone gone through this process yet? I typically haven't had any issues with upgrades in the past but since they're moving away from Java to a .core installation things are a little wonkey.

I've tried to download the amd64 linux distro and run it via:

/usr/local/bin/python3.9 ./nzbhydra2wrapperPy3.py --datafolder /config

but keep getting the following error message:

2023-02-01 10:27:36,379 INFO - Determined release type: native
2023-02-01 10:27:36,382 INFO - Starting NZBHydra main process with command line: ./core -Xmx256M -DfromWrapper=true -DinternalApiKey=eclduftbvnwuydgfljzk -Dspring.output.ansi.enabled=ALWAYS --datafolder /config in folder /usr/local/share/nzbhydra2
ELF binary type "0" not known.
2023-02-01 10:27:36,384 ERROR - Unable to start process; make sure "core" exists and is executable. Error message: [Errno 8] Exec format error: './core'

Whattteva

Wizard

PnoT

Dabbler
I'm currently running 4.7.4, which is the latest, but I wanted to manually upgrade to 5.x since it's been released.

Whattteva

Wizard
I don't use this thing, but it seems like you have to run it with Java 17.

On any other OS or architecture or as a fallback:
  • You need to install Java 17 (not lower, not higher).
  • Download the generic asset. This contains python scripts and java libraries. Run either wrapper file (Python 2.7 / 3.x respectively). This should work basically everwhere.
  • The Java executable is expected to be in the PATH. If it's not and you can't/won't put it there then you need to provide the full path using the --java paramater.

There is probably also a way to run the Linux version with the Linux compatibility layer, but that's probably more trouble than it's worth.

Honestly, I don't really see any reason why you can't run the version available from ports unless there is a very specific feature in 5.x that you need that's not available in 4.x.

PnoT

Dabbler
v4 has been running on Java, and v5 is meant to do away with it, but the default Linux package doesn't work. I will wait for the update to hit ports and go that route.

Thank you for trying to help out!