Freenas 8 Plugins availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjstccean

Cadet
I'm still using ver .7 of Freenas because of it's Web server capability. Does anybody know if a plugin-web-server is available for the new FreeNas 8 yet?

Thank you.

Caesar

Contributor
The plugin jail in 8.x is like a virtual machine of FreeBSD 8.x therefore you can install almost anything that you can install in FreeBSD. I say almost anything because there are some limitations or tweaks you may have to do in order to get everything working. But I personally have Nginx and MySQL installed into my Jail on FreeNAS 8.3.0 and as a test I have installed Apache/PHP Admin/MySQL. So you shouldn't have a problem as long as you don't mind installing and configuring from the command line. Oh and there are a lot of How to's on the forums for installing these ports.

jjstccean

Cadet
The plugin jail in 8.x is like a virtual machine of FreeBSD 8.x therefore you can install almost anything that you can install in FreeBSD. I say almost anything because there are some limitations or tweaks you may have to do in order to get everything working. But I personally have Nginx and MySQL installed into my Jail on FreeNAS 8.3.0 and as a test I have installed Apache/PHP Admin/MySQL. So you shouldn't have a problem as long as you don't mind installing and configuring from the command line. Oh and there are a lot of How to's on the forums for installing these ports.

Thank you Caesar, but you did not answer my question.

toddos

Contributor
Thank you Caesar, but you did not answer my question.

Yes he did. He told you that you can install a web server within the plugin jail. There's no pre-baked web server PBI plugin that you can one-click install (because that wouldn't be very useful). Your literal question ("Is there a plugin?") was answered ("No") and your actual question ("Can I run a custom web server?") was answered ("Yes").

Try this thread for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.