Plex Mediaserver for i386

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dlavigne

That looks like an ancient PBI as the FreeBSD version has been 64-bit-only for some time (which is why it doesn't show in the Plugins list).

You could install it using the Upload Plugins button (see the Guide for your version of FreeNAS for instructions) but I have no idea if/how well it will work.

danb35

Hall of Famer
Plex is very RAM-hungry, and if you're on i386 the odds are slim that you meet even FreeNAS' minimum requirements, much less the extra needed for Plex. What's your system hardware?

onecolumbyte

Cadet
It's true, I'm trolling along at the bottom of the minimum specs. 2GB of RAM and a 2.4 Ghz Pentium 4. It's running on an old desktop I have for now.
While I've been impressed with the features FreeNAS is not really meeting my needs. I wanted something that could stream media to my idevices without having to use Homesharing. I was hoping the Plex app could get me there....Guess I'll have to look into something else.

sremick

Patron
It's true, I'm trolling along at the bottom of the minimum specs. 2GB of RAM and a 2.4 Ghz Pentium 4. It's running on an old desktop I have for now.
While I've been impressed with the features FreeNAS is not really meeting my needs. I wanted something that could stream media to my idevices without having to use Homesharing. I was hoping the Plex app could get me there....Guess I'll have to look into something else.

It's you not meeting FreeNAS' needs. FreeNAS requires 8GB RAM minimum, as stated countless times in these forums. You have 1/4th that, and other hardware that doesn't meet FreeNAS' requirements.

FreeNAS is not for recycling old hardware you've got lying around. It's for being able to run top-notch, enterprise-level NAS software for free for just the cost of the hardware. But it has to be supported hardware, and FreeNAS is pretty picky about what and how little it'll work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.