Freenas 8.03 AFP and CIFS file mask/access errors on Mac 10.6/10.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwagga

Cadet
Hi Guys,

I've been battling with a Freenas 8 server now for weeks.

Server Specs: Intel Sandybridge Dual Core 2.8GHz, 8GB Ram, 2 2TB SATA Hard Drives, in a mirrored group, ZFS fs.

Now, the network is a mixed Windows/Mac environment, mostly Mac's.

The Windows PC's connect fine, no issues, and CIFS performance is amazing.

My plethora of problems, lie with Mac, I used AFP sharing initially, but I kept getting CNID DB errors (See fig1) and similar errors, especially when saving files, and since CIFS was great, when connecting from Mac, I decided to lean towards CIFS more.

But CIFS is not without it's flaws, and no more apparent than on a Mac, see fig 2,3,4,5,6.

I'm running out of options and the frustration is ever increasing.

fig1:

fig2:

fig3:

fig4:

fig5:

fig6:

My Freenas 8 Configuration is as follows:

FileSystem permissions: I have recursed the permissions on all files and folders several times:

As you can see above, the user druffuser is a member of druff. All the user's who connect to the server, use the same username and password, be it AFP/CIFS/Windows/Mac.

The CIFS Service permissions, I've changed the file mask to 777 in the hopes the it would resolve a the problem, as the indication was that it's a permission issue:

The CIFS Share permissions, I enabled the guest account, hoping it might solve some of the problems:

One thing I have noticed, is that if the file has rwxrwxrwx permissions, after the file has been modified, the permissions automagically changed to -rw-r--r--, which seems to indicate that cifs isn't obeying it's own config file.

I'm really in need of help here, as I'm at risk of losing this client if this problem cannot be resolved. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BobCochran

Contributor
Check The Documentation

You need to read the existing documentation. The most important steps can be studied at

http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Main_Page

Realize that it takes a long time to get things "just right" for projects of this nature. There is always a period of testing and fine tuning.

If you really want help from others, don't beat them over the head with claims that you might lose your client. What you say comes through as bullying, rather than a request for help.

Bob Cochran

Status
Not open for further replies.