FreeNAS 11 on ASRock Q1900DC

irokoi32

Cadet
Hi everybody,
I tried FreeNAS few years ago and build a setup especially to run FreeNAS 8 and 9.
I would like to update to FreeNAS 11 to enjoy the new UI and other cool stuffs but...
I cannot install FreeNAS 11 and I don't know where is the problem.

Somebody could help?

My config :
Motherboard : ASRock Q1900DC-ITX
CPU : Intel® Quad-Core Processor J1900 (2 GHz) 64bit capable
RAM : 2 x 4 GB SO-DIMM DDR3 1333Mhz (Crucial)
Hard Drive : WesternDigital Red 2TB

During the installation, nothing happen after the boot, no message, no error, no installation :)

Am I stuck with FreeNAS 9 forever?

Thanks for your help,

Greg

Inxsible

Guru
Difficult to say what the issue is without actual errors/output during installation. I would say it's time to upgrade and buy some decent server grade hardware.

irokoi32

Cadet
Hi Inxsible,
Thanks for your answer. I get your point, but the spirit of FreeNAS, at the beginning I guess, was to create a decent personal NAS system on old unused computers. At this time I already chose to build a small PC from scratch with good components and now, I just want to update to last version of FreeNAS to benefit the new UI.
I could understand my config is not strong enough to update, but when I read the recommendations, everything seems to be ok.
So I would love to find a solution, other than build a new NAS.
Is there any option during the installation I can try to activate to see more info, or can I find a log somewhere?
Thanks again for your help.
Have a nice day.
Greg

Inxsible

Guru
I get your point, but the spirit of FreeNAS, at the beginning I guess,
FreeNAS doesn't require you to have server grade hardware, but definitely recommends it.
Is there any option during the installation I can try to activate to see more info, or can I find a log somewhere?
We'd need a lot more information to even begin to help you. What have you tried? Where are you getting stuck? What's the last thing you see on your screen before it errors out -- if it errors out. What do you mean when you say "nothing happens after boot"? At what point does it stop doing whatever it's doing?

If you are installing, you should see some output on the screen -- that is your log -- at least if nothing has been installed as yet -- as you say.