FreeNAS 11 can't add storage to plex plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

André Fettouhi

Contributor
I just updated my 9.10 install to FreeNAS 11 and everything went fine. I had an old plex running but I decided remove it before I update to FreeNAS 11. I have now installed the plex plugin and it is running and I can log into it but I can't add any storage to it. I added my media as storage to the plugin but I can't see it in plex when choosing folders.

EDIT: I only see this path in plex for adding media /var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server

Last edited:

Artion

Patron
Hi, have you tried to mount your media to that mount point?

André Fettouhi

Contributor
Hi, have you tried to mount your media to that mount point?

Yes, I have and it works. Seems like I just got confused by the Plex UI. For some reason I can't go back in directories. So I have to manually type in the path to the mount point. In my case that would for example be "/media/Movies" for my movie collection.

octronic

Cadet
It's the same problem for me. I only see this path in plex for adding media: /var/db/plexdata/Plex Media Server
Still after mounting the storage.

Edit: Im using FreeNAS 11 stable and plex 1.10.1.4602
Dataset Jails and my Dataset for files are both on the same Volume is this a / the problem?
Also i have no special Users or groups created for permissions. Its just root and wheel as preset

Last edited:
If you mount it in something OTHER than what Plex shows by default you just have to type in the point where it is mounted.

For instance lets say you mounted your movies into:

Code:
/mnt/movies

In Plex when you attempt to add in some media literally just type in /mnt/movies into the box that is available. They broke the browser but it still works if you just use your fingers or for that matter Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V

octronic

Cadet
Hi, thanks for fast reply.
I have tried it now also by hand ;-) and still nothing works
/mnt/Volume1/Daten/Musik <- Source for Music for example Folder Musik is created and filled with some songs by FTP
/mnt/media <- Destination where source is mounted to?
/mnt/Volume1/Daten/Test <- Source for Test. Folder Test is created and filled with some music by SMB Share

But now i got it. It works without mnt/ in my case

/media/Musik -> MountDestination and folder for music
/media/Serien -> MountDestination and folder for TV Shows

Many thanks for Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.