Freenas 11.3 and Deluge Plugin setup

GLuDeRo

Cadet
Hello all

I just clean installed Freenas 11.3 in a virtual environment (which is irrilevant given the below, anyway 8GB dedicated RAM; I use freenas with same hadware/vm since version 9)

I installed Deluge Plugin from the GUI (using default settings, I only specified DHCP, the name of the iocage, hostname and domain)
No change/edit in UID/GID in or out the cage and no change in user (sysrc) running daemon (which is 'nobody')
I can access the web interface but can't donwload anything (strongly believe permission issues, even settings are not saved). Once the cache is full, no saving on the disk, no downloading, 0% progress.

iocage location is in the ZFS pool

Any hint pls?

wheel

Cadet
I've this problem too. I think this is permitions problem. I tried to change Download dictonary's permission to root, but this not solve the problem. I don't find the owner types of deluge.

wheel

Cadet
Maybe The solution is permition the torrent file. I gave full permition it and now it is downloaded full speed.

ornias

Wizard
I just clean installed Freenas 11.3 in a virtual environment (which is irrilevant given the below, anyway 8GB dedicated RAM; I use freenas with same hadware/vm since version 9)

I installed Deluge Plugin from the GUI (using default settings, I only specified DHCP, the name of the iocage, hostname and domain)
No change/edit in UID/GID in or out the cage and no change in user (sysrc) running daemon (which is 'nobody')
I can access the web interface but can't donwload anything (strongly believe permission issues, even settings are not saved). Once the cache is full, no saving on the disk, no downloading, 0% progress.

At default the plugin still requires* a place to store downloads into.
Normally people create a seperate dataset, mount this to deluge and store their downloads on there, I'm reading no such thing in your description about the steps you took.

*It could be a location in the jail, but actually no one really should inmost cases.

wheel

Cadet
I installed the Plugin, then a made different dataset like download, torrent, upload and complated. This is a windows share storage pool. I gave full permition this pool for evry one.
I mount these dataset for deluge to use it.
These are mounted for deluge with smb user permition. This permition is 777.
I downloaded torrent file and uploade to deluge. After that start download, but after a few secound it.
The dictonary's UID an GID is 1001 as windows share IDs

ornias

Wizard
Could you write down a short structure of how the folders are structured, both on the Host and the Jail?
For example:

Code:
downloads/completed
downloads/incomplete
upload
torrentfiles/completed
torrentfiles/incomplete

Do you have datasets inside datasets?
For example do you have something like
/mnt/tank/downloads/completed
mounted in the jail as:
/downloads/completed

In that case, it might help to create mountpoints for BOTH /downloads AND /downloads/completed
(both the parent-datasets and sub-datasets)

I've had a few issues where permissions didn't fully work when I didn't mount both the parent and the child.

wheel

Cadet
My main dataset is a windows sumba, names' Torrent. I shared it with my WIN PC. In this a made 4 dataset to Deluge, Names are Download, Torrent, Upload and Complated. These 4 datasets were mounted for Deluge. Finaly I comlicated, I mounted the complated dataset to plex.
I don't want to copy films for plex.

ornias

Wizard
My main dataset is a windows sumba, names' Torrent. I shared it with my WIN PC. In this a made 4 dataset to Deluge, Names are Download, Torrent, Upload and Complated. These 4 datasets were mounted for Deluge. Finaly I comlicated, I mounted the complated dataset to plex.
I don't want to copy films for plex.
Okey, Your english is not very good... thats no problem, but please just give me a structural overview like the example I gave above...

wheel

Cadet
Sorry about my english. I try to learn it.
My mounting ponts are:
/mnt/ADAT/iocage/jails/deluge/root/upload
/mnt/ADAT/iocage/jails/deluge/root/download
/mnt/ADAT/iocage/jails/deluge/root/completed

User and group are my windows share user. I tried to switch windows share user to deluge's, but it didnt help.

gvasco

Cadet
Sorry about my english. I try to learn it.
My mounting ponts are:
/mnt/ADAT/iocage/jails/deluge/root/upload
/mnt/ADAT/iocage/jails/deluge/root/download
/mnt/ADAT/iocage/jails/deluge/root/completed

User and group are my windows share user. I tried to switch windows share user to deluge's, but it didnt help.

You are directly downloading to folders within your jail's dataset and within your jails's root user home folder. Since this folder by default is owned by user=root and group=wheel with wheel having read-only writes, unless you've changed these, you won't be able to write to it unless you're root.

You should create a dataset separate from your jails dataset for your torrent downloads and then a separate dataset for your completed downloads and mount accordingly. This way you can have both datasets belonging to a group where both you and deluge are members off and the group is given write permissions.

gvasco

Cadet
You are directly downloading to folders within your jail's dataset and within your jails's root user home folder. Since this folder by default is owned by user=root and group=wheel with wheel having read-only writes, unless you've changed these, you won't be able to write to it unless you're root.

You should create a dataset separate from your jails dataset for your torrent downloads and then a separate dataset for your completed downloads and mount accordingly. This way you can have both datasets belonging to a group where both you and deluge are members off and the group is given write permissions.

Scratch that last post I think I've misunderstood your issue when it comes to the directory locations, your mount locations got me confused.

However try adding both your user and deluge's user to a common group (either existing or newly created) and give group ownership to that group and give the group write permissions to the corresponding datasets and see if that works.