FreeNAS-11.1-U1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandiphw

Dabbler
Hi,

We have one FreeNAS-11.1-U1 server in production. Yesterday after restarting, no volumes, directories, disks etc are not showing in the Web GUI. But the server is working and able to see all these through command line. There are some python errors in the log. Can anyone please suggest how to restore the GUI?

Regards,
Sandip K Sadhukhan

Attachments

• GUI-DUMP.pdf
    937.1 KB · Views: 374
  • FreeNAS-Error.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 264

kdragon75

Wizard
What was the need for the reboot? You could start with verifying the install using the button in System > Update. Do you have a backup of your configs?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
We have one FreeNAS-11.1-U1 server in production. Yesterday after restarting, no volumes, directories, disks etc are not showing in the Web GUI.
Upgrade to U5

sandiphw

Dabbler
I didn't tried to update anything. It was a planned reboot for maintenance. How to get back the GUI properly working? We have other FreeNAS servers also which have not this issue after reboot.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I didn't tried to update anything. It was a planned reboot for maintenance. How to get back the GUI properly working? We have other FreeNAS servers also which have not this issue after reboot.
Something didn't load properly during boot. It might be as simple as another reboot, which can be gracefully initiated from the console.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Hi,

We have one FreeNAS-11.1-U1 server in production. Yesterday after restarting, no volumes, directories, disks etc are not showing in the Web GUI. But the server is working and able to see all these through command line. There are some python errors in the log. Can anyone please suggest how to restore the GUI?

Regards,
Sandip K Sadhukhan
Please post the full hardware description of the system. It is possible that the files that failed to load during boot are the result of a failing boot device.

sandiphw

Dabbler
I have rebooted the server multiple times but the same issue. The hardware detail:
· Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2620 V4 2.1 GHz 20M Cache) 8 Core 16 Threads
· Intel S2600CW2S Motherboard
· 4 X 16GB DDR‐III ECC Unbuffered 2133MHz
· 8 X 4TB Toshiba SAS drive (MG04SCA40EE9 )
· 2X Samsung PM863A 240GB 2.5 SSD - MZ7LM240HMHQ-00005

I think something is crashing while web services tries to load the configuration.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I have rebooted the server multiple times but the same issue. The hardware detail:
· Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2620 V4 2.1 GHz 20M Cache) 8 Core 16 Threads
· Intel S2600CW2S Motherboard
· 4 X 16GB DDR‐III ECC Unbuffered 2133MHz
· 8 X 4TB Toshiba SAS drive (MG04SCA40EE9 )
· 2X Samsung PM863A 240GB 2.5 SSD - MZ7LM240HMHQ-00005

I think something is crashing while web services tries to load the configuration.
What is the OS booting from? Those Samsung drives?

kdragon75

Wizard
You could start with verifying the install using the button in System > Update. Do you have a backup of your configs?
Have you tried the aforementioned check? Do you have a backup of your config?

sandiphw

Dabbler
Unfortunately I don't have backup of config file. Also not sure how much it safe to run update on a production server.

kdragon75

Wizard
Also not sure how much it safe to run update on a production server.
Slightly less safe than not having a backup.
try saving a copy of the config file and restoring it to a test server in a VM to see if the config is still good or if it causes the same issues. Obviously it will generate lots of errors due to not being able to import a non-existing zpool but you should still your settings.
Pro tip: Do this in a isolated network as the VM will take the configured of of your production server.

sandiphw

Dabbler
I don't have any VM on it, only multiple iscsi shares are there which are all accessible but not visible in GUI.

kdragon75

Wizard
I am recommending you build a VM and install FreeNAS on that new VM so you can test restoring the config file. We are just trying to find out if your config file is viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.