Fractal Node 804 and 2,5" drives

Octopuss

Patron
Looks like I infallibly grabbed the only brackets that only took the small screws, lol.
The 3 others I picked up today all use "regular" HDD screws, so I'm all good.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Looks like I infallibly grabbed the only brackets that only took the small screws, lol.
Of course, why should anything just be easy.

Which ones are you using? And can you post a link tot those as well? Not that I'm looking for any, but someone else might.

And maybe a photo of the finished product?

Octopuss

Patron
There is no finished product, I still can't get the SSDs (or HDDs for the record) to work with the new HBA as can be witnessed in the (now heavily derailed) other thread I have going on.

This is what I grabbed: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/SSDs/SSD-Mounting-Bracket/p/CSSD-BRKT1
It's extremely light. I decided to keep this one instead of one of the double drive one where they are crammed on top of each other, because I have no idea how hot those PM883s SSDs can get, and it's better safe than sorry.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Thanks for the link. I like that it comes with screws for the SSD. I have not purchased a single SSD in a great many years that has come with screws. Very sad when 5 cents worth of screws can't be provided with the drive.

A few years ago I acquired something sort of similar from work. I was receiving a lot of Supermicro servers with removable drive trays that had a blank piece of galvanized steel to fill the carrier tray until it was replaced by a 3.5" hard drive. I took about 8 of these trays home, which were going to be scrap metal. I marked them up for holes for a SSD and drilled them out. They worked out great. The only downside is they were fairly thick metal and thus had a little weight to them, but they were free. I was able to mount two SSD on one tray, one SSD on each side using two screws diagonally to secure the drives in place.

I'm glad you found a product that works for you.

Octopuss

Patron
Can't you just look at the specs? I mean, uh... that's not so difficult I guess?

Etorix

Wizard