Folder contents not updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgs2001

Dabbler
Hi All.

Hopefully somebody can help with this.

I have 3 pcs all linked to the same router, I also have a freenas box running the latest 9.3 stable.

On two pc's when I open a folder within the freenas box I can see and alter the contents of the folder, on the third pc I can only see a single file within the folder.

All 3 machines have been rebooted and so has the freenas box, however it doesn't change this odd behaviour.

Can anybody tell me how to force the 3rd machine to update to display the current folder contents, or is this a bug?

Many Thanks

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
We can only assume you are using CIFS/samba share?

How are your share settings configured?
User configuration?

dgs2001

Dabbler
Hi pirateghost

Just to update, its quite bizarre. I believe its a windows issue with the third machine. Yes I'm using windows pc's with a samba share. we have all the permissions set up ok and everything seems to work just fine.

This problem only relates to one folder within a directory. All other folders work fine. This folder did work fine , but now doesn't. I believe the problem started when the same folder was open on two machines.

If I create a folder or file in the freenas box on the third pc then both the other pc's can see it and edit it fine. however if I use either of the first two pc's and create a folder or change any thing just in this one directory the third machine just doesn't update.

dgs2001

Dabbler
Hi All

I'm still struggling with this.

Using Cifs we now have 4 machine's linked to a freenas box.

Permissions were/are all working correctly in that there are no warnings re permissions and everybody seems to have access to the correct folders.

The problem is that one of the windows clients is not updating the folder view correctly. Its quite bizzare.

lets call them win1, win2, win3, win4

the scenario is as follows :-

win1, win2, win3 full read write access as expected, with all folder views updating correctly.

win4 has full read write access, however the folder view is not updating correctly.
Here are a couple of examples.

win1 opens a folder called test and adds a file called testfile, this is visible on win2, win3, but not on win4

win4 creates a folder called win4Test and all machines can read/write to it

win3 opens the win4Test folder and creates a file named win3Test.

win1, win2, win3 can all read/write the win3Test file however this file does not appear on win4

Hope that makes sense. Its really frustrating me. I just don't know where to look to solve this.

Thanks

dgs2001

Dabbler
Update...

All sorted.

Not sure how why or when, but my windows machine had bungled all my permissions, either during an update from windows 7 to windows 10 or during a freenas update.

Rather worryingly windows/freenas had added a unix user to the shares which was not authenticated, and also dropped me off the authenticated list.

Having manually used windows to delete this user and re add me as an authenticated user all seems to be good again.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.