Explorer windows dont update contents since 201604261518

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainwulf

Explorer
Just discovered something interesting.

Since the patches installed on or after 21-4-2016 samba isn't updating window contents in explorer windows on windows 7.

You delete a file and it wont update the explorer contents, or copy a file to a folder on another machine and all other machines dont display the updated folder contents.

My first thought was that windows was bugged (no surprise there) but the behavior was the same across multiple 2008R2 and Windows 7 machines.

I had to roll back to the 9-10-stable-201604181743 to fix the issue.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Are you saying that refresh doesn't work?

Rainwulf

Explorer
Most of the time pressing F5 works, but if you just ignore the window nothing appears/changes. On another machine i can copy a file to that folder, and on the first machine the folder stays empty until i either close and reopen, or press F5.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
If I recall, this was more of a Windows issue. There was a whole lot of chatter about it at MS (Link). Thinking that one of the easiest "corrections" was to simply enable "Auto Arrange Icons", but that is something I have always done by default anyways. Any updates/changes that may have occurred to your Windows Machines recently that may have modified the default behavior?

Rainwulf

Explorer
Nothing changed at all on any machine. I just rolled Freenas back to that version and it all started working again.
Has to be something in Samba.

Btw, VFS Objects:

aio_pthread
streams_xattr
aio_fork
readahead

and Aux Params:
ea support = no
store dos attributes = no
map archive = no
map hidden = no
map readonly = no
map system = no

Rainwulf

Explorer
Righto. Will put together a test case, and the versions affected before and after. It could be my config. I dont want to screw with the machine too much, as its got over 50tb of data on it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.