Flashing to IT Mode AFTER having data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody994

Cadet
I have a Supermicro X10SL7 running 5 drives in a Raid Z-1 array. Within the web interface, I have this warning:
Firmware version 15 does not match driver version 20 for /dev/mps0. Please flash controller to P20 IT firmware.​
From my understanding, I need to flash my LSI raid card to IT mode. Would this damage my current data? Is there anything I need to do to make sure I don't lose my data upon flashing? My volume is encrypted if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I have a Supermicro X10SL7 running 5 drives in a Raid Z-1 array. Within the web interface, I have this warning:
Firmware version 15 does not match driver version 20 for /dev/mps0. Please flash controller to P20 IT firmware.​
From my understanding, I need to flash my LSI raid card to IT mode. Would this damage my current data? Is there anything I need to do to make sure I don't lose my data upon flashing? My volume is encrypted if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!
Assuming that you didn't configure hardware raid with the IR firmware, I wouldn't worry about it. It might be good to back things up since the thought of losing data bothers you.

danb35

Hall of Famer
From my understanding, I need to flash my LSI raid card to IT mode.
Not exactly. The message is telling you that the firmware version on your card is out of date. It's not a matter of IT vs IR mode, it's a matter of the wrong version of IT mode. Backups are always prudent, but shouldn't be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.