First iocage close me out of my system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacopx

Patron
Buonasera,
Yesterday I have installed the 11.1 update and everything works fine. This morning I have installed and setup RancherOS without too much problem...
After some times i have tried to create a new iocage with GitLab with the plugin found after iocage fetch. I can't understand why but, after the installation I can't reach my system, both from GUI and SSH, also my other plugins are unreachable... I have read something about a MAC problem, that the iocage take the same mac of the interface and this cause problem. But, the real problem, is that I'm really far away of my system and i can't use it manually. Someone have some brilliant ideas to solve this problem? :confused::(

Yes, I'm a stupid and I should not have tried ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacopx

Patron
I have solved! :D
Accessing by another home devices by SSH and not directly from my mac behind VPN.

Now, where i can learn how to use iocage? :)

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Yes, I'm a stupid and I should not have tried ...
Under your circumstances why not spin up a VM with the same configuration as your remote machine,
then you may "practice" your updates on the local VM, before taking risks with the remote server.

I have been told by many well respected, long-time members, that (Stable Train) updates should never
be performed soon after the initial release date. Let other users (who are in less critical circumstances) take
the risk. I will update to 11.1 on my test platform sometime this weekend, but my backup server will wait
weeks until things are PROVEN stable over time. The more critical your data, or in your case, the further
away your are, the longer I would wait.

Jacopx

Patron
I have been told by many well respected, long-time members, that (Stable Train) updates should never
be performed soon after the initial release date. Let other users (who are in less critical circumstances) take
the risk. I will update to 11.1 on my test platform sometime this weekend, but my backup server will wait
weeks until things are PROVEN stable over time. The more critical your data, or in your case, the further
away your are, the longer I would wait.

Most of the time i'm waiting at least 1 week, in this cases i was excited by the new feature and then... explosion... Ahahhahaah.

I think that the new iocage system will be "ready" from the next 11.2 release... I will wait! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.