Fatal Trap 12: Page fault while in Kernel mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bkomnimon

Cadet
Attached a screen shot of the error. Right now I just going have shutdown for now because I didn't have a keyboard to do any commands not that I know how to troubleshoot this type error why posting here.

I'm guessing because low ram + to much traffic? I could get in to the windows iscsi at one point during this while the esxi just totally lost it's connection obviously.

It's running FreeNas-8.3.1-Release-p2-x64 (r12686+b770da6_dirty) off a 4gb usb.

This did occur before thought was the ram plus I didn't have any real drives to test with so I just put it to do later list.

Any way this same system I first posted in my intro way back just now had time to work on. I ran an acrnois back up to it (switched in a gb nic and just a 3tb drive currently when got this error had 100mb onboard and 2 x 2tb drives in it) It seemed random the acronis back up of like 350 or so gb took long time but no problem. Today it seemed to be going well be it slow of a Server 2008 R2 vm off a test esxi box. The said vm box I limited the nic to 100mb since didn't want to cause issue since it had 1gb onboard vs free nas 100mb.

I'm not attached to any the data on the drives nor settings just simplle iScsi disk extent set up for quick dirty test setup. Wanted to get back into virtulization with what had on hand.

Attachments

• IMG_20131116_170249.jpg
    IMG_20131116_170249.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 232

Bkomnimon

Cadet
1x 2gb Nanya 6400U chip (all I had spare at time). Max is 8gb on it just a spare machine I had been given wanted to see if I could re-purpose it.
I saw 1gb per tb best but wasn't sure since I wasn't using the 2nd drive if it would cause performance issues or not.
I kind of figure it may be ram + the onboard nic just getting overwhelmed. Going to try a spare gb nic next see if happens.

It a HP Pavillion a6357c
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (technically not for board but works and voltage is same as accepted cpu).

Appreciate stopping by.

Status
Not open for further replies.