Fatal trap 12 current process system_taskq_2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtrenge

Cadet
hello there,

i've seen a couple of threads about this error, but unfortunatelly i'm running out of ideas, i've tried to do their solutions, and this is probably because i'm new to FreeNas.

I have a FN v9.2.1.3x64 with 4 cores, already increased to 16GB RAM from 8GB, using VMware, that dataset or volume as a second HD added from our SAN. Recently FreeNAS was fine with only CIFS with arround 20-30 AD people non concurrents, and then this error.

At this time i've tried:
* New VM of FreeNas with the same configuration (backed up)
* Cannot acces to UI Web just because the error, so i use single user option to use threads commands.
* If i use -f option to import zpool i get the same screen error
* I don't have something like from dmesg:
Code:
GEOM: da7: the primary GPT table is corrupt or invalid.
GEOM: da7: using the secondary instead -- recovery strongly advised.

* Boot options as default, i have ACPI Support On, i try with Off without success
* Don't know why but, i tried to attach as a second HD with Ubuntu and use zfs-fuse without success too :(

Some threats i found:
http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/gpt-table-is-corrupt-or-invalid-error-on-bootup.12171/
http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/command-line-mount-zfs-drive.11009/
http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/zfs-has-failed-you.11951/
http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/fatal-trap-12-at-boot-advice.19432/#post-116759
http://hardforum.com/archive/index.php/t-1651819.html

Since i cannot access from SSH to that machine, i send screenshots, hopefully someone can help me here :) thanks in advance !
humm I'm afraid that there's a special thread i've not saw until now:
http://forums.freenas.org/index.php...-production-as-a-virtual-machine.12484/page-2
Too late for me i think, so this change all, and need more ideas about getting out the data ... have someone did/know something?... Thanks!!

Attachments

• error FREENAS2.png
    error FREENAS2.png
    88.2 KB · Views: 264
  • error FREENAS3.png
    error FREENAS3.png
    115.5 KB · Views: 258
  • error FREENAS4.png
    error FREENAS4.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 277

joeschmuck

Old Man
So, you do have a backup of all your data elsewhere, right?

Do not do anything until someone better than myself offers you some advice if you do not have a copy of your data. You may have lost it all already but if you haven't give someone the opportunity to assist you.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Is this ESXi or what?

Do yourself a favor and don't try to import the pool.. doing -f might have just boned you already and no need to screw yourself anymore.

Other questions are:

1. How important is this data? (Aka are you willing to pay for recovery).
2. Business or personal data?
3. Any backups?

c32767a

Patron
hello there,

i've seen a couple of threads about this error, but unfortunatelly i'm running out of ideas, i've tried to do their solutions, and this is probably because i'm new to FreeNas.

Code:
GEOM: da7: the primary GPT table is corrupt or invalid.
GEOM: da7: using the secondary instead -- recovery strongly advised.

I've seen this from bad USB keys. If this was a physical machine, I would suggest getting a new-from-package USB drive and installing a newly-downloaded copy of the FreeNAS image and see if that makes a difference.

Sometimes physical machine BIOSs present the USB drive in a mode that the FreeBSD boot loader doesn't like. We have a bunch of Dell T410s that needed a BIOS firmware upgrade to fix that problem. It could also be that something is corrupt on the USB key and/or the partition table has been modified. You might be able to fix it by dd-ing nulls to the USB stick and rewriting the FreeNAS image, but new USB sticks are cheap.

In a VM? Who knows.. I'd look at your boot device and see if there's anything wrong or different with it.

As others have said, if you're running this in a VM, you might also consider finding some physical hardware to run your NAS. Running it in a VM probably isn't a great solution, partially for the reasons you're currently experiencing.

xtrenge

Cadet
Hi there, thanks for your answer,
Yes i have ESXi 5.5
Is this ESXi or what?

Do yourself a favor and don't try to import the pool.. doing -f might have just boned you already and no need to screw yourself anymore.

Other questions are:

1. How important is this data? (Aka are you willing to pay for recovery).
there's some important stuff, but i need to ask to those people and know the importance level, but there's the posibility to pay for
2. Business or personal data?
Business
3. Any backups?
well i've been using a vmdk (second HD used as zfs) backup. and a full backup files from last month, so.. not a 100% lost, i was working on a mirror of that dataset in FreeNAS but.. well.. this happened :p

xtrenge

Cadet
So, you do have a backup of all your data elsewhere, right?

Do not do anything until someone better than myself offers you some advice if you do not have a copy of your data. You may have lost it all already but if you haven't give someone the opportunity to assist you.

Thanks for your answer, and well.., i think i have a backup inside the vmdk, i hope for a solution maybe with some kind of mount somewhere, don't know, and a full last month files backup, so there's no 100% lost

joeschmuck

Old Man
I don't quite follow what you mean... The vmdk, was it presented as a hard drive to FreeNAS and then formatted as a ZFS drive or is the vmdk drive just a simple NTFS or FAT formatted drive? I think you need to explain your setup with a lot more detail. Also, Cyberjock may offer his services to recover your data for a reasonable cost. He's good at what he does and I've never heard a complaint. The bad part is you may have lost your data because you used the -f parameter. Many people do that and screw up.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
So here's what I need to know:

1. How were the disks presented to the OS? Was it PCI passthrough, disk passthrough, or from vmdk.
2. You are probably looking at paying for support assuming I even think I have a chance. I don't take cases that I don't think have a reasonable chance of success because I'm not a fan of taking money if I don't think I can actually do the work. PM me if you talk to people and the data requires recovery. I take paypal. ;)

xtrenge

Cadet
I don't quite follow what you mean... The vmdk, was it presented as a hard drive to FreeNAS and then formatted as a ZFS drive or is the vmdk drive just a simple NTFS or FAT formatted drive? I think you need to explain your setup with a lot more detail. Also, Cyberjock may offer his services to recover your data for a reasonable cost. He's good at what he does and I've never heard a complaint. The bad part is you may have lost your data because you used the -f parameter. Many people do that and screw up.

Hi there, it is ->
The vmdk, was it presented as a hard drive to FreeNAS and then formatted as a ZFS drive
</br>
well probably i think i screw up with the -f parameter, 3 people trying to figure out what happened.. so lots of ideas.. but let's take the next step. :p
</br>
So here's what I need to know:

1. How were the disks presented to the OS? Was it PCI passthrough, disk passthrough, or from vmdk.
2. You are probably looking at paying for support assuming I even think I have a chance. I don't take cases that I don't think have a reasonable chance of success because I'm not a fan of taking money if I don't think I can actually do the work. PM me if you talk to people and the data requires recovery. I take paypal. ;)
thanks for your answer.
The vmdk, was it presented as a hard drive to FreeNAS and then formatted as a ZFS drive
2. i'll talk about this option and then i'll PM you.

Status
Not open for further replies.