Failing USB Flash Drive

Rickinfl

Contributor
Hi, I've got my Freenas on a USB Flash drive and I'm getting errors. (Yes I know, I'm switching to SSD). It's on version 11 U2. I backup the config db every night and it's uploaded to Backblaze so I have the config.

My question is this... Can I download the lastest Freenas version and install it on the SSD then import the 11 U2 backup? If so will it auto update it? I'm not sure if I update the flash drive now that it would make it. That's why I'm trying to do it this way.

Thanks,

myoung

Explorer
Hi, I've got my Freenas on a USB Flash drive and I'm getting errors. (Yes I know, I'm switching to SSD). It's on version 11 U2. I backup the config db every night and it's uploaded to Backblaze so I have the config.

My question is this... Can I download the lastest Freenas version and install it on the SSD then import the 11 U2 backup? If so will it auto update it? I'm not sure if I update the flash drive now that it would make it. That's why I'm trying to do it this way.

Thanks,

You should reinstall the same version that you are using now (11.0U2?) upload your config then update if desired.

https://download.freenas.org/11/