Failed to sync git after hw change

turment

Dabbler
I saw many similar threads but none of them solved my problem.

After I moved the disks from Intel controller to a HBA one, I have the error:

Error: [EFAULT] Failed to clone 'https://github.com/truenas/charts.git' repository at '/mnt/XeoPool/ix-applications/catalogs/github_com_truenas_charts_git_master' destination: [EFAULT] Failed to clone 'https://github.com/truenas/charts.git' repository at '/mnt/XeoPool/ix-applications/catalogs/github_com_truenas_charts_git_master' destination: Cloning into '/mnt/XeoPool/ix-...

that many saw.

The motherboard time is correct and I can ping any destination or solve any domain name.

Any idea?

turment

Dabbler
This morning I reboot the system and the very same error appeared.

Is there any permanent fix? Should I open a issue?

Fleshmauler

Explorer
Hardware details? HBA flashed to IT mode? Output of sas2flash -list to ensure you're on lastest firmware.

I actually had the same issue & for me it was unrelated to any HBA trickery; my router randomly decided it wanted a different IPv6 address for my NAS than what I had setup on my bridge. But if you're suspecting the HBA, then the first list of questions may be relevant.

turment

Dabbler
Hardware details? HBA flashed to IT mode? Output of sas2flash -list to ensure you're on lastest firmware.

I actually had the same issue & for me it was unrelated to any HBA trickery; my router randomly decided it wanted a different IPv6 address for my NAS than what I had setup on my bridge. But if you're suspecting the HBA, then the first list of questions may be relevant.

I don't think that's a HBA issue. I have the very same one in other TrueNAS and I have no errors at all.

Anyway:

Code:
LSI Corporation SAS2 Flash Utility
Version 20.00.00.00 (2014.09.18)
Copyright (c) 2008-2014 LSI Corporation. All rights reserved

Adapter Selected is a LSI SAS: SAS2308_2(D1)

Controller Number              : 0
        Controller                     : SAS2308_2(D1)
        PCI Address                    : 00:02:00:00
        SAS Address                    : 500605b-0-09c0-e5b0
        NVDATA Version (Default)       : 14.01.00.06
        NVDATA Version (Persistent)    : 14.01.00.06
        Firmware Product ID            : 0x2214 (IT)
        Firmware Version               : 20.00.07.00
        NVDATA Vendor                  : LSI
        NVDATA Product ID              : SAS9207-8i
        BIOS Version                   : 07.39.02.00
        UEFI BSD Version               : N/A
        FCODE Version                  : N/A
        Board Name                     : H220
        Board Assembly                 : H3-25278-05D
        Board Tracer Number            : SV44513205

Finished Processing Commands Successfully.
        Exiting SAS2Flash.

turment

Dabbler
I have just found that there is a failed task for that error:

Screenshot 2024-03-28 134749.png

Fleshmauler

Explorer
I don't think that's a HBA issue. I have the very same one in other TrueNAS and I have no errors at all.
I'll be honest, neither did I - I only brought it up since you specified it happened after moving disks to HBA. Though now I realize that it could have been an issue & that reboot had made it apparent since I used to get this upon rebooting.

ChrisRJ

Wizard
Though now I realize that it could have been an issue & that reboot had made it apparent since I used to get this upon rebooting.
Sounds reasonable.

This is actually the reason why, if possible, I always recommend a reboot before any major change to a system. And it is always a good idea to change things one at a time and the check.