Failed to open CNID database - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Baumeister

Dabbler
Hi,
after dumping data from a local hard disk on my Mac to a newly set up FreeNAS box, transfer speeds were really down this morning. Transfers went as low as around 60 kByte/s (!) - which I aborted - and never above 2.3 mByte/s.
Speeds were up to 60 mByte/s yesterday, which was great.

So after the last transfer ended (successfully), I re-booted the box just to make sure nothing was going haywire.
Now, I read this on the console:

Feb 21 15:35:42 ganymede cnid_dbd[6607]: error opening DB environment: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
Feb 21 15:35:42 ganymede cnid_dbd[6607]: Failed to open CNID database for volume "Media_AFP"
Feb 21 15:35:42 ganymede cnid_dbd[6607]: Recreated CNID BerkeleyDB databases of volume "Media_AFP"

As you can probably deduce, "Media_AFP" is an AFP-based share of a volume called "Media". So there is my first bit of confusion: the second console message indicates a "volume" called "Media_AFP", but in fact, that label indicates a share. Am I reading something incorrectly, or is that a wording error in the string that outputs that message?

These three console messages pop up when I mount an AFP share - for each one (and there are currently four AFP-based shares).

In setting up the AFP shares, I left the database path field blank, which - apparently - defaults the database location to the volume root (which should be ok, I hope?).

Oddly enough, I can access the share contents with totally acceptable performance...

What is going on? Something I need to ignore? Or do I need to change something?

Thanks!

Yatti420

Wizard
What kind of hardware / freenas version?

Hans Baumeister

Dabbler
It is an HP ProLiant Microserver (54N) that has 3x 3GB WD Red drives in it.
The FreeNAS Version is the most recent, 9.2.2.

Thank you!

r34lg33k

Cadet
somewhat of a late reply, found this elsewhere..
Code:
dbd -vtf /mnt/SHARE_NAME

dbd updates CNID database
root@host:~ # dbd -v
Usage: dbd [-cfFstuvV] <path to netatalk volume>

dbd scans all file and directories of AFP volumes, updating the
CNID database of the volume. dbd must be run with appropiate
permissions i.e. as root.

Status
Not open for further replies.