Ezcoo Kvm Switch with PIKVM

boggie1688

Explorer
Github: https://github.com/pikvm/pikvm
EZCoo Page: https://github.com/pikvm/pikvm/blob/master/pages/ezcoo.md

I stumbled upon PIKVM, an IP KVM solution using a RPI4. Turns out the developer also tested his solution with a EZCoo KVM switch. Given I have both a freenas and pfsense box, in a very difficult to reach place. I though this would be a fun project that might pay dividend in the future.

I'll skip all the details about how everything is connected, and get straight to my problem.

The PIKVM uses the RPI4 OTG port to send mouse and keyboard commands to the KVM switch. The PIKVM dev uses a single usb cable for both K/M, the cable is connected to the front USB3/USB4 port on the KVM switch vs the dedicated keyboard and mouse ports on the rear of the switch. The USB3/4 ports are there to add storage devices if needed. For some reason, doing this on a both the freenas and pfsense box results in no keyboard input. I obviously don't have no need for a mouse for either of these boxes, but potentially in the future may require it for another device connected to the switch.

The current work around right now its to plug the OTG into the keyboard USB port on the back of the switch, and the keyboard works.

Speaking with the PIKVM dev, he thinks perhaps there is an issue with freebsd and the EZCoo usb hub. With the OTG connected to the front USB3 port, we tested a second usb hub, by plugging the OTG into a different usb hub, then plugging the hub into freenas box. The keyboard worked. We also tested a win10 box with the OTG connected to the USB3 port on the ezcoo switch, and everything worked.

Does anyone have any insight on what I can try to get the USB3/USB4 ports working for this project?

tarian

Dabbler
If your still having issues, I have this same setup and it is working correctly for me. Can you go into specifics about what hardware you all have and we can compare setups and see if there is something missing?