FreeNAS on a KVM Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
To be honest, I'm happy with the (now) popular Cherry MX keys. They strike a nice balance and they're reliable.

I'd duck to avoid Model Ms thrown at me, but injuries are more likely to occur on the person throwing the keyboard.

JDCynical

Contributor
I prefer a keyboard that when you hit somebody with it, they fall down and *stay* down. Model M. :)
This is why I have a small stack of that exact model. When the revolution comes and we all have to welcome our new robot masters, I'll be hoping that my work in IT/IS will curry me favour with the new world order, and if not, the stack of keyboards will double as self defense weapons. ;)

On topic: After having dealt with various KVM's, Dell DRAC, Hp iLo, Supermicro IMPI, etc, I would much rather use a remote access system like the iLo or Supermicro's IMPI stuff. Less cables and, usually, a much better setup. The Dell KVM's we have at work are horribly slow, and the java that connects to the console is twitchy at best. The stuff SM uses is better, but still not amazing.

I do have to say that the .NET console the HP iLo's have as an option is surprisingly good, especially in comparison to the previously mentioned stuff.

Last edited:

tvsjr

Guru
Plus, Model Ms are all mechanical... basically EMP-proof. And if you have enough of them, they have sufficient metal in them to make a decent fallout shield...

But I'll still stick with my M4s for World War Z :)

Status
Not open for further replies.