Expand Pool fails with "cannot relabel" "unable to read disk capacity"

surfrock66

Dabbler
I have a TrueNAS instance (was core, migrated to scale) which has been brought forward for some time. Originally it had all 2TB drives, and recently I've been buying 4TB drives. They've been replaced as they've failed over time, and I can't speak to when all replacements were done. I am using about half of my 18TB of space, so I'm in no rush to replace the 2TB drives while they're working.

Even though autoexpand is on, I wanted to check if I was utilizing space that I've gotten from the periodic replacement of the small drives so I ran "expand pool." I got the following error:

Error: [EZFS_NOCAP] cannot relabel '/dev/disk/by-partuuid/905647b7-3ca7-11e9-a8f0-8cae4cfe7d0f': unable to read disk capacity

Using blkid, that correlates with /dev/sdb2. The drive is good, I'm not sure when I replaced it but it's a 4TB, smart is healthy and the pool is happy. Zpool status is clean.

Is this something I should worry about, and if so, what's the fix for this? I wouldn't have seen any issues whatsoever had I not decided to expand the pool on a whim; I was only in doing maintenance because I created a CA and was installing a cert.