Error opening Default catalog: [EINVAL] options.retrieve_versions: Field was not expected

elfox

Cadet
Hello all!

I just installed TrueNAS SCALE 22.02.2.1 to try to get things up and running. It's installed on bare metal with default options. Before changing any settings, I was clicking around and got the following error trying to open the Official catalog:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 411, in run
await self.future
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 448, in __run_body
rv = await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.method, *([self] + args))
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1208, in run_in_thread
return await self.run_in_executor(self.thread_pool_executor, method, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1205, in run_in_executor
return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
File "/usr/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1268, in nf
args, kwargs = clean_and_validate_args(args, kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1258, in clean_and_validate_args
raise verrors
middlewared.service_exception.ValidationErrors: [EINVAL] options.retrieve_versions: Field was not expected

I looked through the logs, but don't see anything besides the middleware error that is displayed in the UI as well.

I tried adding another catalog (TrueCharts) and it's exhibiting the same behavior. I tried reinstalling TrueNAS just to make sure something didn't go wrong during install, but no luck.

Anyone run into this?

Thanks!

elfox

Cadet
I did some more testing. I wiped the installation again and installed 22.02.0 and when I went to catalogs, I was able to open the Official catalog without any issues and was able to add and open TrueCharts catalog as well. I then proceed to go through the upgrade process to upgrade to 22.02.2.1. After the reboot, I started seeing the error when trying to open either catalog.

blacktux

Cadet
I did some more testing. I wiped the installation again and installed 22.02.0 and when I went to catalogs, I was able to open the Official catalog without any issues and was able to add and open TrueCharts catalog as well. I then proceed to go through the upgrade process to upgrade to 22.02.2.1. After the reboot, I started seeing the error when trying to open either catalog.

So there is an issue in 22.02.2.1 ?
should i install 22.02.0 or wait for an update ?

thanks

elfox

Cadet
Aside from that error when trying to view a catalog (can't view the catalog), things seem to work ok. I am able to view list of apps through the App UI and install/delete/etc.

awloelxf

Cadet
Faced the same problem, but I also couldn't install apps.
Code:
Error: [EFAULT] Failed to install chart release: Error: INSTALLATION FAILED: failed pre-install: timed out waiting for the condition 

tboston

Cadet
Same here but with 22.02.3 - Getting error [EINVAL] options.retrieve_versions: Field was not expected
I can install Apps but I can not edit the Catalogs to e.g. add trains, same error.

Last edited: