SOLVED How to force reset application pool

sjieke

Contributor
Hi all,

After trying to add my own 'catalog' and trying to install my first self made app. My applications are not loading anymore.

• I got a 'manifest' error when I tried to install my app
  • As a consequence the 'installed apps' page only show the loading image.
  • I wanted to 'unset' the application pool to reset everything, but then I get the same 'manifest' error.
Error: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 382, in run await self.future File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 418, in __run_body rv = await self.method(*([self] + args)) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1131, in nf res = await f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1263, in nf return await func(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/kubernetes_linux/update.py", line 271, in do_update await self.middleware.call('chart.release.clear_update_alerts_for_all_chart_releases') File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1310, in call return await self._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1267, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 439, in clear_update_alerts_for_all_chart_releases for chart_release in await self.middleware.call('chart.release.query'): File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1310, in call return await self._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1267, in _call return await methodobj(*prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1131, in nf res = await f(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 1263, in nf return await func(*args, **kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/chart_release.py", line 197, in query release_secrets = await self.middleware.call('chart.release.releases_secrets', extra) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1310, in call return await self._call( File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1278, in _call return await self.run_in_executor(prepared_call.executor, methodobj, *prepared_call.args) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1182, in run_in_executor return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs)) File "/usr/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/secrets_management.py", line 43, in releases_secrets release.pop('manifest') KeyError: 'manifest'

The catalog with the app that caused issues can be found here: https://github.com/joachimbaten/truecharts-dev-catalog

Anyone has an idea how to solve this?

For me it is acceptable to completely reset the application dataset, and just reïnstall all apps I want (I have backups of configuration data). But if possible, it would be nice to know what caused this, and how I might be able to solve and/or prevent it.

Thx in advance!

sjieke

Contributor
Found to solution thanks to a little bit of advice from the people at 'TrueCharts'.
Changing the cluster CIDR back and fort is an easy way to reset it. It looses all apps, but at least the cluster is back up and running.

Benefit of containerized apps (and good config backups) is that you can be back up and running in no time :)