Error "kdb_enter +0x3b: movq" installing latest release 11.2

TW1920

Dabbler
Hello,

I have the following problem:
I can't install the latest 11.2 release cause of an "kdb_enter +0x3b: movq" error. On the attachment you can see more details.

I'm using an Asus Z10PE-D16/4L motherboard with two Intel Xeon E5-2620 v3 @ 2.40GHz and 96GB ECC DDR4 RAM
With other operating systems all is workig well, further I can install FreeNAS-11.1-U6.3 - there is no error and the installation is very quick and fast. After installation all is working very well and fast - installed on a 250GB SSD, for Storage 8*6TB WD Red over HBA using Raid Z2.

I had the same errors on CD as on IPMI virtual cd (last option I prefer) - the image checksum is ok. I can boot to the point where I have to select the option to install, but in the end every time I have the same error. Where is the difference between the earlier release or have somebody an idea how I can fix it so I can use the latest release?

I read a lot about this error, but I couldn't find anything that was useful. I would be happy if somebody can help me :)

Thank you,

greats Thomas aka TW1920

Attachments

• freenas panic.PNG
    freenas panic.PNG
    92.5 KB · Views: 617

TW1920

Dabbler
Not directly. Installing FreeNAS 11.2 does not work. I testet a lot of way, but installing 11.2 isn't possible. FreeNAS 11.1 works without any problem - I did 3 installations of FreeNAS 11.1 on the hardware without any problem. Further I tested upgrading to FreeNAS 11.2 - the update have no problems and now I can use FreeNAS 11.2 on the hardware. It's a way for the moment, but it's not like it should. Restarting FreeNAS 11.2 have no problems, too.

I don't know whats going wrong starting the FreeNAS 11.2 installation from iso :/
At the moment FreeNAS say I have to upgrade ZFS - but I'm waiting for having the option to reinstall with 11.1 without any problems.