Error: Jail: <jailname> has a missing configuration, please check that the dataset is mounted

ariyes

Cadet
Hi everyone

First of all thanks for this awesome open-source software and the community, this is my first post in this forum, but I am using FreeNAS for a few years now. A big fan of it.

Recently I moved my FreeNAS from Old hardware to new hardware. I had an "Emby" Jail in the old server that I moved in new hardware and working fine, I had to edit the fstab file in the emby root folder after importing the jail and match with the new pool/dataset name. All working fine till this point.

Today when I try to install the plugin transmission or nextcloud or any other plugin I get this error:

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 02.40.02.png

I try to find a solution on the internet and failed. there are some solutions I found like trying DHCP server, fix gateway IP, check and edit datastore name if there is an empty "space" etc etc. none of it working for me. I am still getting this same message Jail: <jailname> has a missing configuration, please check that the dataset is mounted

Anybody suggest to me how can I fix it and install the ixsystems and community plugins from the freenas GUI.

My current config is:

Dell T420 Server
2 X E5-2420 0 @ 1.90GHz CPU
32 GB RAM
FreeNAS-11.3-U5

Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks in advance

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Do you find /mnt/<poolname>/iocage/.plugins ?

How about /mnt/<poolname>/iocage/jails/nextcloud/config.json ?

ariyes

Cadet
Do you find /mnt/<poolname>/iocage/.plugins ?

How about /mnt/<poolname>/iocage/jails/nextcloud/config.json ?

This is what i have in /mnt/<poolname>/iocage/.plugins

Code:
root@nas1[~]# cd /mnt/datastore1/iocage/.plugins
root@nas1[/mnt/datastore1/iocage/.plugins]# ls
github_com_freenas_iocage-ix-plugins_git        github_com_ix-plugin-hub_iocage-plugin-index_git
root@nas1[/mnt/datastore1/iocage/.plugins]#

And for the

Code:
root@nas1[~]# cd /mnt/datastore1/iocage/jails/emby/           
root@nas1[/mnt/datastore1/iocage/jails/emby]# cat config.json
{
    "basejail": 1,
    "boot": 1,
    "defaultrouter": "172.16.0.1",
    "host_hostname": "emby",
    "host_hostuuid": "emby",
    "ip4_addr": "vnet0|172.16.0.2/30",
    "jail_zfs_dataset": "iocage/jails/emby/data",
    "last_started": "2021-06-24 11:09:25",
    "nat": 1,
    "nat_forwards": "tcp(8096:8096)",
    "plugin_name": "emby",
    "plugin_repository": "https://github.com/freenas/iocage-ix-plugins.git",
    "release": "11.3-RELEASE-p14",
    "type": "pluginv2",
    "vnet": 1,
    "vnet0_mac": "0e9dc079aa5f 0e9dc079aa60"
}#                                                 

I dont have nextcloud jails or config.jason file and any other jails or config.jason files. Right now I have only one Jail which is Emby and that I was imported from the old server.

Thanks for your quick reply :)

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I have only one Jail which is Emby and that I was imported from the old server
How did you do the import? create a new jail and copy the old one over the top? using iocage export/import?

ariyes

Cadet
N
How did you do the import? create a new jail and copy the old one over the top? using iocage export/import?

Yes I took the jail backup via export command then manually copy that zip file in the new server and import it from command line.

sretalla