/var/db/pkg permissions (0775) too lax Please check your network occured, destroyed nextcloud.

norskman

Contributor
I am running the latest version of FreeNAS V11.2 Release U1

I have tried to install Nextcloud using the scripted method by Samuel Dowling - but it fails.

Since then I thought I would try to use the plugin method, which is not as good. but lands up with the same error.

/var/db/pkg permissions (0775) too lax Please check your network occured, destroyed nextcloud.

The jail itself is not created.

I am guessing the directory and sub directories of /var/db/pkg should have a much higher file permission on them but not sure what exactly.

Shouldn't the plugin check that or set it correctly?

Or else what should it be? how do we fix it to be the correct permissions?

I could not find the answer anywhere.

Otherwise I like the new V11.2 - so far everything else is working - I have built this on old / new hardware. installed without error and is simply working.

Last edited:

samuel-emrys

Contributor
I have tried to install Nextcloud using the scripted method by Samuel Dowling - but it fails.
I think you might be getting me confused with @danb35; I don't provide a scripted method, the only one I'm aware of is his :)

As for the issue you're having, I'm not sure I have a satisfactory answer sorry. A quick search yielded this thread:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/can't-download-plugins-fixed.71415/
Which indicates that the solution may be to remove your iocage dataset and try again, but I'm not sure if that's useful if you've already configured your other jails

Edit: also this thread: http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9181 seems to indicate that tightening your permissions may help:

Code:
chown root:wheel /var/db/pkg
chmod 700 /var/db/pkg
cd /var/db/pkg
chown root:wheel *.*
chmod 700 *.*

norskman

Contributor
actually this is a replacement / upgrade server.
i still have all my data on the production server and have not cut-over yet.

I will try all of the above and see where I get to - Otherwise I will start again.

many thanks for the response.