Error going from stable to pre-release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prasanth

Contributor
I tried to do the upgrade today and I get the error that I'm on a nightly train and can't go to the pre-release. Attached is the screenshot:
Banners_and_Alerts_and_freenas_-_FreeNAS-11_0-U4__54848d13b_.png

joeschmuck

Old Man
You have to manually force the change. Do a Google search for how to force a FreeNAS upgrade and include the key words "You're not allowed nightly train". I'd just tell you the answer but I'd have to go look it up too, it's not committed to memory but this is how I'd find it. They say, teach a man to fish ....

Last edited by a moderator:

Prasanth

Contributor
You have to manually force the change. Do a Google search for how to force a frenas upgrade and include the key words "You're not allowed nightly train". I'd just tell you the answer but I'd have to go look it up too, it's not committed to memory but this is how I'd find it. They say, teach a man to fish ....
Thanks I should have done that in the first place but I was also trying to point out an issue. Here’s the workaround I found in case others are looking.
You can force the update and to change the train by entering
Code:
freenas-update -v -T FreeNAS-11.1-PRERELEASE update
in the shell.
After updates are applied, you will need reboot to start up 11.1 beta1 on next boot. From there you should also be able to set the train to follow as FreeNAS-11.1-PRERELEASE in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.