ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS erro after Nexcloud 20.0.4 Plugin Install

jpatel

Cadet
Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this issue is there for the plugin update, but I just finished installing NextCloud Plugin (Version 20.0.4) and I have added the entry of my domain into trusted_domains. I can successfully see the login page, but once I hit I login with valid credentials, the browser shows me ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS error with message "nextcloud.domain.com redirected you too many times."

It keeps trying to redirect to /apps/files uri. When I checked /usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps, it was empty. I saw there is a new directory called apps_pkg with apps and tried to change the configuration to point to that directory, but after that, I started getting "Gateway timeout error"

Here is my new config to point to the new app directory (getting 504 Gateway timeout with below config).

"apps_paths" => array(
0 => array(
‘path’ => ‘/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps-pkg’,
‘url’ => ‘/apps-pkg’,
‘writable’ => true,
),
),

Can anyone please help me here?

rasalone

Dabbler
I have the same issue. After login I land on /apps/files/ but that dir is empty. Here is the plug in install log.
Install Notes:

nginx_enable: -> YES

mysql_enable: -> YES

php_fpm_enable: -> YES

Performing sanity check on nginx configuration:

Starting nginx.

Performing sanity check on php-fpm configuration:

Starting php_fpm.

Starting mysql.

SQL Temp Password: wpA,CdJffhcd

SQL Temp Password: wpA,CdJffhcd

mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.

Using NAT Address: 10.10.0.100

mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.

The process control (PCNTL) extensions are required in case you want to interrupt long running commands - see http://php.net/manual/en/book.pcntl.php

Nextcloud was successfully installed

The process control (PCNTL) extensions are required in case you want to interrupt long running commands - see http://php.net/manual/en/book.pcntl.php

System config value trusted_domains => 1 set to string 10.10.0.100

System config value trusted_domains => 1 set to string 10.10.0.100

chown: /usr/local/www/nextcloud/app-pkgs: No such file or directory

Stopping php_fpm.

Waiting for PIDS: 63502.

Starting php_fpm.

Stopping nginx.

Waiting for PIDS: 63479.

Starting nginx.

Admin Portal:

Hayama

Cadet
Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this issue is there for the plugin update, but I just finished installing NextCloud Plugin (Version 20.0.4) and I have added the entry of my domain into trusted_domains. I can successfully see the login page, but once I hit I login with valid credentials, the browser shows me ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS error with message "nextcloud.domain.com redirected you too many times."

It keeps trying to redirect to /apps/files uri. When I checked /usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps, it was empty. I saw there is a new directory called apps_pkg with apps and tried to change the configuration to point to that directory, but after that, I started getting "Gateway timeout error"

Here is my new config to point to the new app directory (getting 504 Gateway timeout with below config).

"apps_paths" => array(
0 => array(
‘path’ => ‘/usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps-pkg’,
‘url’ => ‘/apps-pkg’,
‘writable’ => true,
),
),

Can anyone please help me here?

i meet the same problem as yours

I had taken below actions this morning:

1. Remove the nextcloud and re-install
2. Remove the FreeNAS and install the TrueNAS
3. Remove the Google Chrome and install FireFox

and the nextcloud still fault…

I feel a little hopeless and re-installing back the FreeNAS now as I found that TrueNAS hadn’t BT’s plug-in

jpatel

Cadet
From Post Install notes, I can see below error

This directory "app-pkgs" doesn't exist. It looks like it is a typo in directory name. It should be "apps-pkg" and not "app-pkgs". I can see apps-pkg directory in that location. I think this might be causing the issue.

If developers of the plugins are watching this, can you please fix the typo and publish it?

danila_94

Cadet
Doesn't help

Also from Nextcloud.
Looks like that is an issue from the Nextcloud side

Hello, luckily your not alone. Since a week i looking for a solution. Nothing helped yet... Only the case for the Nextcloud plugin. Hopefully somebody can help us.

Stay strong ^^

rasalone

Dabbler
From Post Install notes, I can see below error

This directory "app-pkgs" doesn't exist. It looks like it is a typo in directory name. It should be "apps-pkg" and not "app-pkgs". I can see apps-pkg directory in that location. I think this might be causing the issue.

If developers of the plugins are watching this, can you please fix the typo and publish it?
If this is a dev error for the official plug-in is this something I should try and figure out how to file a bug report? I'm new to freenas but love the community and culture and freebsd. I finally finished building my system up around freenas for home everything! Thanks for the help.

Just reinstalled FreeNas and again same Error. With TrueNAS and FreeNAS. i hope we will find the solution together.

danila_94

Cadet
If this is a dev error for the official plug-in is this something I should try and figure out how to file a bug report? I'm new to freenas but love the community and culture and freebsd. I finally finished building my system up around freenas for home everything! Thanks for the help.

I try to rename, doesn't help :(((

remear

Cadet
I seem to have fixed my fresh NextCloud plugin installation. Here's what I observed and fixed along the way.

I experienced the too many redirects error when attempting to load /apps/files post sign-in.

jexec'd into the jail. /usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps is empty. Apps seem to be located in /usr/local/www/nextcloud/apps-pkg.

Moveed the apps directory to where the nextcloud config default expects them to be located. cd /usr/local/www/nextcloud && mv apps apps-old && mv apps-pkg apps

Fixed logging by appending 'logfile' => '/var/log/nextcloud/nextcloud.log', to the config array in /usr/local/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

Restarted php-fpm and tried again. service php-fpm restart.

/var/log/nextcloud/nextcloud.log` complained with errors like `Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'nextcloud.oc_flow_operations' doesn't exist.

Edited /usr/local/www/nextcloud/config/config.php and set 'installed' => false. Went to the base URL again (no /apps/files), and got to the installation screen so I could have it "re-do" the installation. Entered in the same DB connection info from the post-install details. Added info for a new admin user (not ncadmin, because it already exists). Submitted the form and let it complete.

Hayama

Cadet

You’re right so I just reported to jira.ixsystems.com

Hoping you both could also send your bugs report to them or find other channel to reports the problem.

jpatel

Cadet
You’re right so I just reported to jira.ixsystems.com

Hoping you both could also send your bugs report to them or find other channel to reports the problem.
Thanks for reporting a bug. I believe here is the one you created. https://jira.ixsystems.com/browse/NAS-108785. Just thought to post a link so others can add the comment in the ticket so developers can know it's a blocking bug and set the priority accordingly.

rasalone

Dabbler
Thanks for reporting a bug. I believe here is the one you created. https://jira.ixsystems.com/browse/NAS-108785. Just thought to post a link so others can add the comment in the ticket so developers can know it's a blocking bug and set the priority accordingly.
Thanks for posting the jira ticket. I watched and voted as well as added comment do you need more people to vote for it to get it looked at?