Encrypt root on TrueNAS Scale

Thorbrannd

Cadet
Hello everyone, I apologize for my English.
At the moment I am using FreeNas Сore as an experimental server to study the capabilities of the software, but I learned about TrueNas Scale and I like it more because it provides more features, such as Docker, etc.

Please answer a few questions:

1. Will TrueNas Scale be able to get root encrypted with native ZFS encryption on install?
For example, I can install Debian myself on an encrypted root partition with this instruction, but it uses ZOL 8.*, and this partially limits functionality, such as automating my pools at boot, which is not convenient of course. I experimented with this and set up a virtual machine that won't boot without USB Flash, which I think is safe enough for home use.

2. Where are the keys to encrypted pools stored? Is the encrypted root so relevant if the system data set is stored on some encrypted pool?

3. I still don't really understand why during installation it is impossible to partition the disks on my own, if this is relevant for FreeNas Core on FreeBSD, then on Debian it looks strange, because, for example, I can use 256Gb disks, in the mirror, as installation ones and I want to get additional pools there, for example, for Docker or something else, especially if you consider that in the WEB interface I do not see the installation pool at all. Of course, I can do all this with my hands through the shell, but it seems to me much more convenient to have such capabilities in the WEB interface.

Thanks in advance for your answers!