Emby

dont1982

Cadet
I know there is an emby forum but i have posted there and havent gotten any response. I have gotten emby installed on freenas 11.2-u5. got my libraries se up, but when i go to set up the folder for the dvr service it tells me that emby has to have write permissions to do this. How do i give emby the write permissions. on my pool i have it set up for guest. please help

I suspect you need to go into the pool's (or VG, as applicable) and grant world write access.

dont1982

Cadet
How do I do this as I know very little about freenas. I know how to grant permissions to group and i have user and group set to guest.

Last edited:

dont1982

Cadet
ok i have a hd home run that i have used for the last 2 yrs. now that my emby server is migrated to free nas the hd homerun is found, guide works but it will not tune to any channel. but i can access the hd homerun from my windows server (only still operational until i get freenas going) i can access all my channels. any suggestions would be great. thanks again

pschatz100

Guru
I don't think you will find much help for this on the FreeNAS forum. From information on the SiliconDust website, it looks like there may be a Linux version of their application that one can build - but nothing about FreeBSD (the underlying OS for FreeNAS.)

I would say that HDHomeRun is not compatible with FreeNAS unless you are prepared to do a lot of work. Check their website for more info.

William Bravin

Contributor
Hello all I too do not know where to turn to
I am running freenas 11.2u6 and on it i installed and configured the emby plugin all works fine. (ver 4.2.1.0)

I am running kodi 18.04 and i installed the emby plugin so far so good. (ver 4.1.1.4)

If i install it via the addon playback method all works well.

However I need to install the plugin using the native playback. as such this requires to add a substitution path when you create the libraries in the emby server. For me that is 192.168.,1.104

The issue I have is that when i go to upload the libraries into KODI the sync function hangs and remains at 0% and does not budge from there.

I did set the permissions with the following commanlines

I deleted the jails and the emby plugin
performed a line command to clean the iocage
  • iocage clean -a
I deleted the iocage dataset in the storage status
the re-installed the emby plugin
in the jail before adding mount points

I applied this is the solution in the jail shell That was provided to me by an emby architect
  • service emby-server stop
  • pw groupmod emby -n emby -g 1000
  • pw usermod emby -n emby -u 1000 -g 1000
  • chown -R emby:emby /var/db/emby(hit tab)
  • service emby-server start
UID and GID 1000 are in freenas as a user with full permissions and this is me
To me this sounds like either the emby plugin does not find the shares why i do not know
or di i need to grant access to freenas to the emby plugin to kodi
Do i need to add a user to freenas to allow the emby plugin to access 192.168.1.104 shared folders

Thank you all for looking at this