SOLVED [EINVAL] sharingsmb_create.path_local: The path must reside within a pool mount point

goldenmedal

Dabbler
Im using truenas scale, i had a previous pool from a installation i could brick, but i could import it through zpool import -f vault

now im trying to create a smb share to the mount mount, i.e: /mnt/vault and i get `[EINVAL] sharingsmb_create.path_local: The path must reside within a pool mount point`

How do i fix it?

Arwen

MVP
In general, you would import a foreign pool from the GUI. By using the command line, it likely made the mount point "/vault". That is outside of the normal location which would be "/mnt/vault".

Export the "vault" pool from the command line. Then re-import from the GUI. Check from the command line that it is mounted correctly;
df -h
Then you should be able to share the new pool's data via SMB.

goldenmedal

Dabbler
In general, you would import a foreign pool from the GUI. By using the command line, it likely made the mount point "/vault". That is outside of the normal location which would be "/mnt/vault".

Export the "vault" pool from the command line. Then re-import from the GUI. Check from the command line that it is mounted correctly;
df -h
Then you should be able to share the new pool's data via SMB.
Whenever i try to import it, i dont see the pool itsel:
1675165383198.png

if i choose sda1 or any other disk i get:
1675165436839.png

all the other filesystem types gives me other errors.

Arwen

MVP
Sorry, I used the poor wording. The GUI Dataset -> Import Data page is for foreign file systems, (not ZFS).

You want this;
- Left side "Storage"
- Upper right "Import Pool"

Let us know if that works, or you have further questions.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Which version of SCALE is this? The error message looks like the pool had NFS shares configured via sharenfs property in ZFS (which is not something we ever do). Did the pool come from a different OS?

goldenmedal

Dabbler
Which version of SCALE is this? The error message looks like the pool had NFS shares configured via sharenfs property in ZFS (which is not something we ever do). Did the pool come from a different OS?
the pool came from a previous version i bricked trying to fix. now im using the last version of truenas scale

goldenmedal

Dabbler
I set sharenfs off on the pool, unmounted everything, restarted the server and imported again and worked.