Need help Urgently!!

zak1687

Cadet
Hi, I have upgraded to truenas scale and I imported the pool but cannot access it via smb or anything trying to take all my files off and put them on a local computer, I keep getting error when I add the smb share error is [EINVAL] sharingsmb_create.path_local: The path must reside within a pool mount point and I'm now stuck I tried ubuntu to mount the zfs drive/partition but did not work, need some help since there are important files on there that I need back Thank you, Zak.

Specs: CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU J1900 @ 1.99GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3
MOBO: SuperMicro X10SBA
Storage: 2x3TB (WD RED) raid mirror
os version: Truenas (Scale)

zak1687

Cadet
All my files show up in the smb path but cannot select the folder for the smb share but when I use ufs recovery and plug both drives in my PC in the explorer it cannot find anything? image attached below - Thanks Zak.

Attachments

• smb share.png
    smb share.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 85

zak1687

Cadet
All my files show up in the smb path but cannot select the folder for the smb share but when I use ufs recovery and plug both drives in my PC in the explorer it cannot find anything? image attached below - Thanks Zak.
I also meant to add, Is there anyway to export it to a flash drive or anything? Thanks

zak1687

Cadet
Hi, Yes. This is a regular dataset. I am trying to share the "main" folder in the dataset. Thanks.

zak1687

Cadet
Hi, The path is below It's not on the boot device. I'm trying to select (client_users). I am currently running UFS Explorer RAID Recovery in ubuntu to try and get the files back upon noticing on the drives theres nothing there at all apart from one folder called "main" and thats it with nothing in it. Also I accidently wiped the boot drive and reinstalled truenas scale and I could import it fine with no issues but get error message when I go to make the smb share in the "main" folder (" [EINVAL] sharingsmb_create.path_local: The path must reside within a pool mount point")

Sorry for all the confusing replys.

Thanks

Zak.

Attachments

• smb share.png
    smb share.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 85

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi, The path is below It's not on the boot device. I'm trying to select (client_users). I am currently running UFS Explorer RAID Recovery in ubuntu to try and get the files back upon noticing on the drives theres nothing there at all apart from one folder called "main" and thats it with nothing in it. Also I accidently wiped the boot drive and reinstalled truenas scale and I could import it fine with no issues but get error message when I go to make the smb share in the "main" folder (" [EINVAL] sharingsmb_create.path_local: The path must reside within a pool mount point")

Sorry for all the confusing replys.

Thanks

Zak.
Well, first step is don't panic or do anything hasty, that's often how mistakes get made that make recovery difficult or impossible. If you feel like it you can send me a debug via private message (System->Advanced->Save Debug). I'll take a look at it and maybe give you some pointers about what you can do for next steps (assuming no one else in the forums assists you).

zak1687

Cadet
Well, first step is don't panic or do anything hasty, that's often how mistakes get made that make recovery difficult or impossible. If you feel like it you can send me a debug via private message (System->Advanced->Save Debug). I'll take a look at it and maybe give you some pointers about what you can do for next steps (assuming no one else in the forums assists you).
I sent you a PM.