Edit Permissions on Pools Grayed out

jspfunk

Dabbler
I just updated to FreeNAS-11.3-U3.2 and I can't seem to Map my network drive on Windows 10. Well I mapped it, but it is not allowing me access. I uploaded my config file after the install. I have the SMB enabled, when I try to Edit permissions on the Pool the option is grayed out and has a tip that "Root dataset permissions cannot be edited". I googled it and looked on the fourm, but I can't seem to find resolution.

I did try both the users I have setup and also the root user.

My system has changed a little bit because of they ryzen issue in freenas. So now I have a AMD Phenom x4 840 and asus m4a88t-v evo usb3 motherboard with 12 GB of DD3 Ram. The hard dives are the same.

Alecmascot

Guru
That's by design:

jspfunk

Dabbler
@Alecmascot I'm really sorry, but I don't know exactly what that means. If I read it correct, I need to make a dataset on my Plex2 pool. Then I can edit the permissions on the new dataset. After that how do I access my files that were created in the old Path/pool/dataset?

Alecmascot

Guru
You would move the files to the new dataset and point your SMB share to the new dataset.
Use the shell
mv /mnt/poolname/olddataset/* /mnt/poolname/newdataset/

jspfunk

Dabbler
I just went back to 11.3-u1, and it works fine for me as a novice user. Now, when they get the Ryzen Freeze issue fixed I will have to upgrade. Should I move all my files into a new dataset? I'm really not sure how this new restriction works (I relize that's poorly worded). Currently I have my pool as /mnt/Plex2/(and sub folders). Am I supposed to have it /mnt/Plex2/Files/(subfolders)?