Dynamic DNS not communicating with Google Domains

Freez

Cadet
Hello all,

It has been four days since I transferred my domain registrar from Namecheap to Google Domains. Unfortunately I cannot get the TrueNAS service and Google Domains to pass data. The same setup was working without issue with Namecheap (as a Custom Provider in the Service), but since the transfer nothing seems to be passing.

I have been chatting with support at Google Domains, and now since their 24-48hr DNS propagation window has passed they think the issue is the TrueNAS service. How can I even tell?

I have read all of the literature, relevant forums, and watched a bunch of videos and am confident that I have setup the Service and credentials correctly for Google Domains within TrueNAS. But still Google Domains is showing their default 0.0.0.0 which has never updated. Someone please HELP!!!!

Thanks!

Freez

Cadet
Hi all,

Still no reply from any of you??

Ok, alternatively do any of you know how to manually input Google Domain credentials into the Dynamic DNS service as a "Custom Provider" instead of through the preset "domains.google.com" provider within the interface?