Dynamic DNS service + Namecheap = confused

Jorsher

Explorer
How do I do this? My domains are registered with Namecheap. I'm using FreeNAS 11.2u2.1.

I enabled the service and chose "Custom" as the provider. It doesn't give the "auxillary options" that seem to be required to properly update Namecheap when using the new FreeNAS UI.

When I switch to the legacy UI, I see the fields to add the server URLs, but they do not seem to save.

When I manually try to add the required info in inadyn.conf, they also don't save when I start the service.

I've searched around and can't figure it out. Has anyone got Namecheap dynamic DNS working on the current version of FreeNAS?

Jorsher

Explorer
Anyone? Apparently Namecheap is a supported provider for inadyn, but on a later version than what's included on FreeNAS.

Jorsher

Explorer
Were you able to resolve this?

No ma'am.

Namecheap isn't a supported provider on the included version on FreeNAS but appears to be on the latest versions:
http://troglobit.com/projects/inadyn/

I tried to add the settings that should allow Namecheap to work as a custom provider, but the custom options don't appear in the new UI and don't seem to save in the legacy UI.

When I manually edit the inadyn configuration, it doesn't seem to save after I start the service, but it's possible I'm doing something wrong.

I could just use a jail, but prefer to use FreeNAS services when I can.

Thanks

Last edited:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

Jorsher

Explorer
D

dlavigne

It's a bug that selecting custom as a Provider in the new UI does not expose the custom fields. Please create a report at redmine.ixsystems.com and post the issue number here.