Fully resetting the Dynamic DNS Service??

Freez

Cadet
Hi FreeNAS Community,

I recently migrated my system (that was function perfectly for more than 2 years with an SMB share over a VPN) from Namecheap as my domain registrar to Google Domains. After which I cannot get the Dynamic DNS to work anymore.

Under Namecheap, I has the DDNS Service in TrueNas (12.0U8.1) by using a "Custom Provider" and it communicated perfectly back to the registrar. However under Google Domains I was able to set the Provider in TrueNas to "domains.google.com" and use the the actual credential fields in the interface but no matter how often I try there has been no communication with Google Domains and for almost 2 days now the "data" field for this DDNS in Google Domains still reads 0.0.0.0.

The only odd thing that I notice is that if I change the 'Provider' dropdown in TrueNas back to "Custom Provider" is is still holding on to the old Namecheap information. I don't know if somehow this is conflicting with my domains.google.com settings, but I am really grasping at straws here for a solution so i thought it was a good time to reach out to the Community for some help. I don't see a way to entirely reset the DDNS settings without harming the rest of the settings elsewhere, but if any of you do, or have any other brilliant ideas to try I am open because i need to regain VPN access again asap.

Thank you in advance!

Freez

Cadet
Hi all,

I see no one seems to have a quick solution/suggestion for me so far, but hopefully one of your keen minds will come to the rescue.

As I was racking my own brain, I started thinking that if I can't reset the DDNS service, is there a way to at least clear that service's cache???? Any thoughts on the possibility of this approach and how to do it? All I need is for whatever location that is holding on to that little piece of superseded information in the event that a user may choose to return to those earlier settings to instead release/erase it. Is this even possible?!

I throw down the gauntlet to all of you more senior and more creative thinkers and programmers to try and figure this out. It's got to be a bug, but it should not be as complicated as it is proving to be!!!

I look forward to hearing from the best of you! (And maybe even the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best too!) Thanks!