DrKK's Definitive Guide to Installing OwnCloud in FreeNAS (or FreeBSD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

marian78

Patron
Hi, today i succesfuly updated to ownCloud v6.0.3 (instaled with DrKK instructions) . When updating im followed instructions from "Joshua Parker Ruehlig" - "ownCloud using NGINX, PHP-FPM, and MySQL" ( http://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/how-to-owncloud-using-nginx-php-fpm-and-mysql.17786/ ):
Code:
fetch http://download.owncloud.org/community/owncloud-6.0.3.tar.bz2
tar jxf owncloud-*.tar.bz2 -C /usr/local/www
rm owncloud-*.tar.bz2
chown -R www:www /usr/local/www/owncloud /mnt/files

FlyingPersian

Patron
I found out (in my case) why I had this WebDAV error:

When creating the openssl .pem file the "Common Name" has to match the IP of the jail. If not you'll get an error that will state that the name's don't match.

Kind Regards

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I found out (in my case) why I had this WebDAV error:

When creating the openssl .pem file the "Common Name" has to match the IP of the jail. If not you'll get an error that will state that the name's don't match.

Kind Regards

Oh my! I thought it had to be signed by a public CA and not be a self-signed cert. Interesting! I might have to go back and fix this on my Owncloud jail.

Wait... did a newbie just teach me something? The world must be coming to an end. ;)

Welcome to the club FlyingPersian!

FlyingPersian

Patron
Oh my! I thought it had to be signed by a public CA and not be a self-signed cert. Interesting! I might have to go back and fix this on my Owncloud jail.

Wait... did a newbie just teach me something? The world must be coming to an end. ;)

Welcome to the club FlyingPersian!

So believe it or not, I've no idea whether you're serious or not :D
I just assume that you didn't know :P I might have missed it in on the first page, but I did read that you said it's written somewhere and yet I couldn't find the specific post/lines stating how to do so. So you're welcome :D

cyberjock

Inactive Account
No, I really didn't know. I thought it had to be signed by a public CA. I'll definitely go back and change my cert later so I don't have to deal with that problem anymore. ;)

FlyingPersian

Patron
Glad to here :) You're welcome :D

The error was actually pretty obvious if you look at the debug log. It says that the name xy doesn't match the IP. There wasn't much room for interpretation and it actually did work fine :D Although I've to say that the WebDAV did work, but I didn't want the error to be there. Check your debug log on the admin panel before you change anything.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Aww.. so I went back to fix the problem. I was confused as I thought your problem was the dreaded "Your web server is not yet properly setup to allow files synchronization because the WebDAV interface seems to be broken. Please double check the installation guides." That error *is* from using a self signed certificate. Unfortunately that error can only be fixed by getting a signed cert. :/

I don't get the error you have about it not matching the IP because I left that field blank since I *may* be in a position where I am forced to change the jails IP, so I left it open in case I have to change it.

So yeah, your error isn't the problem I'm having and your fix won't fix my problem since that's not my problem. ;)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You don't get that error at the top of your admin page?
2014-05-20_14h01_57.png

cyberjock

Inactive Account
no, but I'll have to try it now just to see if that solves my problem. But everything I've read says you can't use a self-signed cert without getting the error... lol... except you. haha

ser_rhaegar

Patron
no, but I'll have to try it now just to see if that solves my problem. But everything I've read says you can't use a self-signed cert without getting the error... lol... except you. haha
I didn't setup SSL when I used OC in a jail, but when I used it in a VM I had no issues with WebDAV using a self signed SSL cert. A self signed cert is no different than an "official cert" other than an official cert's root CA cert is included with all the major web browsers/OSes. You can add the CA cert from the system you created your own cert with to your browser/server which makes them as good as an official one for yourself (not for others missing the root CA cert).

FlyingPersian

Patron

Haha well I guess I'm special then :D Just try it out and let me know. As I said, I had an error regarding the WebDAV thing in the debug and it stated that the "name" under "Common Name" in the .pem file doesn't match the ownCloud IP. Changed it et voila, the error was gone

marian78

Patron
Add local ip to Common name to cert worked for me too.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Just to chime in here, I too had the following message:
Code:
Warning    core
isWebDAVWorking: NO - Reason: [CURL] Error while making request: SSL: certificate subject name
'My_Certs' does not match target host name '192.168.1.207' (error code: 51) (Sabre_DAV_Exception) 

So I changed my certificate as mentioned above and it corrected my WebDAV error messages. Since I plan to use this with outside access, I'm not sure if I need to use my DDNS name for my IP address in the certificate because I know my local IP address will not be seen on the WAN.

cyberjock

Inactive Account

FlyingPersian

Patron
Did you add the IP to the common name? This should fix the WebDAV issue. Once you got it to use the certs check out the debug in the settings, it should say something about the common name you entered being wrong, not matching the site's address or something.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I edited my post above.. the new cert doesn't seem to be in use. When I check out my owncloud webpage and look at the SSL cert it still has the old one. :/

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Doh. Did the same steps again and it worked. Must have fat fingered something.

Edit: And now the updater page is acting weird..

Untitled.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.