Docker unable to provide Environment Variables [EINVAL]

kyeotic

Dabbler
OS Version: TrueNAS-SCALE-22.12.1

I'm trying to use the Launch Docker Image to run crazymax:ddns-route53. When I define an environment variable for "SCHEDULE=*/30 * * * *" I get this error

Code:
Error: [EINVAL] values.containerEnvironmentVariables: Item#1 is not valid per list types: 
[EINVAL] environmentVariable.value: Not a string

I've tried wrapping the value in quotes, but the error does not change.

1678047141614.png

o1982

Dabbler
Does it work with "Europe/Paris" or any other values? Is the variable even required? I would try without.

You could also try to use the truecharts docker compose app.

kyeotic

Dabbler
Its the SCHEDULE variable that is causing the issue, not TZ. It takes a cron value. This same error occurs using the truecharts "custom app".

Seems like the input sanitizes badly.

o1982

Dabbler
Last edited:

Belperite

Dabbler
I've just tried to reproduce with 22.12.0 and not been able to. Probably worth raising a bug against 22.12.1?

garywastaken

Cadet
Same issue...

1679953996243.png

1679954061598.png

When trying to input a simple JSON string into ddns-updater from Truecharts. Version is 22.12.1.

creed186

Cadet
I'm having the same infuriating issue with wg-easy from the official charts. Been trying for hours to figure out why everything was correct but no traffic would flow, and it turns out the thing is hard coded to forward to the eth0 interface (which I don't have). The solution should be simple, but trying to replace the WG_POST_UP env with the working iptables commands just results in the same error:

Error: [EINVAL] values.environmentVariables: Item#0 is not valid per list types:
[EINVAL] environmentVariable.value: Not a string

The value I need to enter is "iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 10.8.0.0/24 -o br0 -j MASQUERADE; iptables -A INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 51820 -j ACCEPT; iptables -A FORWARD -i wg0 -j ACCEPT; iptables -A FORWARD -o wg0 -j ACCEPT;"

Weirdly it will be fine with "iptables -t nat -A" but as soon as I put the next space "iptables -t nat -A " truenas thinks it's not a string.

The cause seems to be the number of space characters. 3 is fine, any more and it's not a valid string (apparently...) which would be consistent with OPs issue. What a bizarre bug...