solved: authentication error when creating replication task from Cobia to core 13.0-U6.1

pious_greek

Dabbler
I am attempting to add a replication task from the local NAS (cobia TrueNAS-SCALE-23.10.0.1) to a remote (on local network) NAS (Core TrueNAS-13.0-U6.1) and I have been hitting a wall.

I have password-less SSH configured and can login to the remote machine with both root and non-root users from the local NAS.

When adding the backup credentials for the SSH connection, i can discover and pull the remote host keys without issue.

The issue arises when I attempt to use the replication wizard to setup a replication task. When choosing the remote NAS as either the source or destination, I am unable to see the remote pool or datasets. The error that is displayed is as follows (i have attached a picture as well):

[EACCES] AuthenticationException('Authentication failed.')
[EINVAL] count_eligible_manual_snapshots.datasets: Item#1 is not valid per list types: [dataset] Empty value not allowed

Any advice on how to further troubleshoot this would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture - Copy.JPG
    Capture - Copy.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 64

pious_greek

Dabbler
solved. user error.

I did not properly have the ssh public keypair saved to the remote users authenticated key... so i was being authenticated for SSH using different key that was copied over, but not for replication with the keypair generated for the backup credentials... (I had to set this up manually because the semi automatic method was giving me an SSL error.)