Docker Containers Have No Outbound Internet Connectivity?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I do no where to put the evironment settings, but where can I put other stuff? and how to do it?
Can you give me a example for example of qbittorrent or something else like emby or jellyy fin?
If you just want standard apps, use the catalogs... they allow you to put in the needed stuff in a place that makes sense for that app.

Kieros

Explorer
Thanks I try this. The point is the apps needed are not in the official charts :S
I think there should be more but it I understand it has less priority
Thank you for your help.

But there is no option to tick so I wonder if it will work?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

Kieros

Explorer
OK I now see the option you mentioned appeared, when I disabled ll these other settings :smile:

Kieros

Explorer
The community catalog has all of the ones you mentioned, so does TrueCharts.

If you can't work it out, maybe the documentation will help:
I try to avoid using truecharts as it is not offically truenas. So I rather implement it via the truenas apps launch docker image.
If then things fail, the blaim would be on truenas since they provided this option to implement containers this way. Things seem to work ok. Got 4 apps running now.

Kieros

Explorer
Do you know how and where I can add a usb device with this docker launch? like a zwave usb id by serial?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Do you know how and where I can add a usb device with this docker launch? like a zwave usb id by serial?
For the iX provided apps (including the Launch Docker Image option), I don't think there's an option to do that (and it's probably too complex and/or won't work to just add it via a host path volume).

TrueCharts has an equivalent (Custom-app), which does allow for adding of USB devices to the launched image.

Kieros

Explorer
For the iX provided apps (including the Launch Docker Image option), I don't think there's an option to do that (and it's probably too complex and/or won't work to just add it via a host path volume).

TrueCharts has an equivalent (Custom-app), which does allow for adding of USB devices to the launched image.
Thank you for your reply while I was hoping for an answer I came up a link about that.
But haven't figured out how to add the volume hostpath via the launch docker image.
I thought I had to implement is in the fields below. It asks for a mounth path and a datasetname.
I am not sure what to fill in. I have the serial link like this /dev/serial/by-id/my_serial

1691671403209.png

But perhaps I am on the wrong track. I am trying to learn alot these days lol.
So please bear with me.

And I thank you for your time helping me.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
I think a better bet is to add a Container Arg, something like this:
device=/dev/serial/by-id/my_serial

I don't know if that will work as I haven't tested it at all.

Kieros

Explorer
I think a better bet is to add a Container Arg, something like this:
device=/dev/serial/by-id/my_serial

I don't know if that will work as I haven't tested it at all.
Thanks I tried it. This makes the docker stuck :S

sretalla