Docker container custom arguments?

Mathew

Dabbler
Hello. I've installed the ZoneMinder docker image as an app on my TrueNAS Scale RC2 and I'm trying to figure out how to set a couple arguments but cannot figure out where or how.

I am trying to pass --memory="16g" and --memory-swap="4g". I've tried adding them into the following fields but must be doing something wrong.

1644968136734.png

Thank you all

li_chang

Dabbler
Hello. I've installed the ZoneMinder docker image as an app on my TrueNAS Scale RC2 and I'm trying to figure out how to set a couple arguments but cannot figure out where or how.

I am trying to pass --memory="16g" and --memory-swap="4g". I've tried adding them into the following fields but must be doing something wrong.

View attachment 53179

Thank you all
Hello,

Not an answer to your question, but are you trying to limit the memory resource or set it as same as system's? For ZoneMinder, you might also consider setting up tmpfs (put /dev/shm in Memory Backed Volume).

Mathew

Dabbler
Hello,

Not an answer to your question, but are you trying to limit the memory resource or set it as same as system's? For ZoneMinder, you might also consider setting up tmpfs (put /dev/shm in Memory Backed Volume).

So my goal is to limit the amount of memory that this Zoneminder Docker can take. I've already mapped a memory backed volume to /dev/shm within the ZM docker as without that, performance is unusable with UHD cameras.

I'm finding that after ZM is running a while, it's taking up all of the 64GB of mem and only leaving 2GB for ZFS cache and the system.

Mathew

Dabbler
I have been pricing out 128GB mem (max the Supermicro board I'm using now will take) as well as pricing out a replacement board that will accept a lot more memory. The system I have now has 64GB with a max of 128GB. I'd like to use more docker and apps in the NAS so I'm thinking of just replacing the board so that I can dump 256-512GB at it.

truecharts

Guru
To be clear: "args" here does not refer to docker args but to kubernetes args.
What you're trying to do here is not done using args in kubernetes

Mathew

Dabbler
To be clear: "args" here does not refer to docker args but to kubernetes args.
What you're trying to do here is not done using args in kubernetes
Is there a way to edit anything to limit the memory that would be persistent? While I have a decent skill set in a Linux console, this is my first actual exposure to k3b.

Thank you for the reply, I do really appreciate it because that does answer why it was not working. That has just raised the new question.

truecharts

Guru
Is there a way to edit anything to limit the memory that would be persistent? While I have a decent skill set in a Linux console, this is my first actual exposure to k3b.

Thank you for the reply, I do really appreciate it because that does answer why it was not working. That has just raised the new question.

On our Apps:
Yes

On Official Apps:
No, not in the GUI or persistent

stavros-k

Patron

That should be under Resources and Devices (for truecharts apps)

Mathew

Dabbler
That should be under Resources and Devices (for truecharts apps)
Sadly, Zoneminder or Shinobi are not added to truecharts and I've added Zoneminder via Docker.

I didn't see any network video recorders in the Truecharts catalog. Maybe there is one that I just do not recognize. I just need something to record video from a handful of cameras around my house.

truecharts

Guru
Sadly, Zoneminder or Shinobi are not added to truecharts and I've added Zoneminder via Docker.

I didn't see any network video recorders in the Truecharts catalog. Maybe there is one that I just do not recognize. I just need something to record video from a handful of cameras around my house.

We just wanted to highlight the fact that we are currently the only catalog supporting what you want, so you can make an informed decision :)