TrueNAS Scale Docker - Missing Config File

micogg

Cadet
I'm trying to run Frigate NVR in a TrueNAS Scale docker. I am using the pre-built Frigate image ( blakeblackshear/frigate:stable-amd64 ). The issue is that the image does not have a pre-built config file or folder so once I start the docker, it quickly ends the instance saying it cannot locate the config file. I cannot access app shell to add the config/config folder because of the error ( error: unable to upgrade connection: container not found ("ix-chart") ).

I can't figure out or find documentation on how to add the config file to the docker in TrueNAS Scale. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

truecharts

Guru
I'm trying to run Frigate NVR in a TrueNAS Scale docker. I am using the pre-built Frigate image ( blakeblackshear/frigate:stable-amd64 ). The issue is that the image does not have a pre-built config file or folder so once I start the docker, it quickly ends the instance saying it cannot locate the config file. I cannot access app shell to add the config/config folder because of the error ( error: unable to upgrade connection: container not found ("ix-chart") ).

I can't figure out or find documentation on how to add the config file to the docker in TrueNAS Scale. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
This config file is actually why we haven't added it already as a TrueCharts App ;-)
It's not 100% clear if just adding storage is enough.

The "Big Blue" docker button, is mostly just for very simple deployments...

micogg

Cadet
This config file is actually why we haven't added it already as a TrueCharts App ;-)

Thanks, that makes sense. I appreciate it!

pondwater

Cadet
Don't know if this help but you can point folders of a docker to a dataset that you have, may be able to point the config folder to a dataset and preload that dataset with the config file you need

stavros-k

Patron
Don't know if this help but you can point folders of a docker to a dataset that you have, may be able to point the config folder to a dataset and preload that dataset with the config file you need
The thing is that some apps, store both the application code AND config FILE in the same FOLDER.
If you mount the whole folder in a persistent volume/dataset/whatever, you might break future updates.
And in this case the only correct way is to mount the FILE only!

Kosygor

Dabbler
@truecharts v

Is there any ETA of this plugin ? I am looking forward to move from NVR to Frigate. Have to buy GPU and TPU it will take some time so it would be nice to know how things are going.

Kosygor

Dabbler
Thank You. For anyone else I think that voting for this change in jira shopuld speed up things.

HarryMuscle

Contributor
The thing is that some apps, store both the application code AND config FILE in the same FOLDER.
If you mount the whole folder in a persistent volume/dataset/whatever, you might break future updates.
And in this case the only correct way is to mount the FILE only!
Not sure if it's possible via the GUI but via the REST API you can map an individual file instead of a folder, just like you can in regular Docker.

Thanks,
Harry

truecharts

Guru
Not sure if it's possible via the GUI but via the REST API you can map an individual file instead of a folder, just like you can in regular Docker.

Thanks,
Harry

Stavros his comment was not the blocker for this issue actually.
There never has been a plan to mount files with config for most Apps, the actuall blocker is the lack of textfield in the GUI, which was planned to be used for App config like this.