Do You Have a Plugin Request?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pouper

Dabbler
OK, wrong example indeed. However; Couch for example already had an update quite a while ago to 2.0. Why is it not in the repository yet? I would love to use the update button...

I think you're referring to the plugin version #, not CouchPotato version #. A 2.0 update came from Joshua but it has nothing to do with the version of CouchPotatoServer running. You should be able to update CouchPotatoServer from within the GUI.

Majik

Dabbler

Majik

Dabbler
Awesome!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!
Thanks Joshua!

CdRsKuLL

Cadet
I was wondering if there is anything that would allow me to view blocked sites from work? I can access my dynu domain name so would I be after a proxy server or something maybe? only port 80's open. txs

cyberjock

Inactive Account
plex for x86

Never gonna happen. x86 versions of FreeNAS are discontinued as of 9.2.1.1 :P

I was wondering if there is anything that would allow me to view blocked sites from work? I can access my dynu domain name so would I be after a proxy server or something maybe? only port 80's open. txs

There's lots of options, and plenty you could run in a jail. But you are on your own to install and use that software for the intended function. Most business have software that can often detect a configuration like you are trying to do, and many companies will terminate your employment as it's against their TOS.

There's far easier ways to get fired/quit if that's your intended goal.

fracai

Guru
There's lots of options, and plenty you could run in a jail. But you are on your own to install and use that software for the intended function. Most business have software that can often detect a configuration like you are trying to do, and many companies will terminate your employment as it's against their TOS.

There's far easier ways to get fired/quit if that's your intended goal.
Just to elaborate on this a bit.

If port 80 really is the only thing you have available, you'll be either proxying your sites in the clear, or trying to run SSL over the non-SSL port. Both of those are possible, but they'd raise red flags.

If instead, port 443 is also available for SSL connections (I find it hard to believe they're blocking all SSL) you could proxy over that and it would just look like a standard SSL connection. But, anyone that looks at your connections is going to notice that all your traffic is suddenly going to the same IP. Again, red flag.

Is it really that important that you get to these sites? If they're legitimate, just ask that they be unblocked. If they're not, get back to work ;-)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

Krutet

Dabbler
Plex Media Server 0.9.9.7 is released for the public, I would love to se a update in the repository!
Please tell me if this isn't the place for this kind of request.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Plex Media Server 0.9.9.7 is released for the public, I would love to se a update in the repository!
Please tell me if this isn't the place for this kind of request.

The best place for this is to put in a ticket at bugs.freenas.org. You know, just like we've said for the other 10 "please update plex" threads. ;)

Krutet

Dabbler
The best place for this is to put in a ticket at bugs.freenas.org. You know, just like we've said for the other 10 "please update plex" threads. ;)

Hehe cheers, I'll do that.

Edit: well, it has already been done and the plugin is screened and updated but it hasn't hit the repository yet, will that happen automatically or does someone need to press a button and has forgotten to do so? anyone know how that works?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
The PBI is not tied to anything. Every PBI requires developer interaction to be updated.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Zoneminder and WordPress (don't know about the others) are more complicated then a single daemon.

Here's an idea, we could have application (PHP-FPM) jails, and a webserver jail and mysql jail (which would both be downloaded/installed when the first PHP plugin is added). Each time you install a PHP application it drops an NGINX config for that application in the webserver jail's NGINX directory and imports an SQL file into the MySQL instance. Each application could have a few options to configure things like domainname, subdirectory, port. This would enable 100's of LAMP stack applications. (WordPress / Pydio / Newnab / Gallery / etc..)

cyberjock

Inactive Account

I see nothing that syncthing offers that isn't offered through Owncloud. I use owncloud, so I have some experience with this kind of thing.

To boot, that stuff isn't even at 1.0. As the proverb says.. "call me when it's at 1.0".

Status
Not open for further replies.