When I go to create a pool however, it's not showing the last HDD (da14):

create-pool.png

What am I missing?

Thanks

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Can you see the disk/create the pool via the legacy UI? Try that first just in case it's a UI/UX bug.

If not, then let's look at maybe there being a partition or other leftover cruft on the drive that you need to clean up.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
When I go to create a pool however, it's not showing the last HDD (da14):
At least ONE of the disks listed under disks is going to be your boot disk and you can't use that to create a pool.

ldoodle

Cadet
Thanks for the replies. Yeah Chris got it. It wasn't showing the last drive but reseating it has fixed it.

I'm converting from MS Storage Spaces and I'd like to (maybe I need to!) zero all the drives before starting. Can I batch do them all in one-go with CLI? Or at least schedule them all up to go one after the other?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

ldoodle

Cadet
I'll check that out. In the meantime I've started doing it the manual way through the GUI, if I close the browser window does that interrupt the wipe (does the wipe progress window have to remain open until complete)?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
In the meantime I've started doing it the manual way through the GUI, if I close the browser window does that interrupt the wipe (does the wipe progress window have to remain open until complete)?
I have not tested that, but I would think that it does need to stay open.

snorp

Dabbler
Hello,

the topic is unfortunately a bit older but I have the same problem. da4 is the boot disk and da3 is not visible in the Volume Manager all other hard disks can be joined together to a pool.

Code:
geom disk status                                             
Name  Status  Components                                                       
ada0     N/A  N/A                                                               
ada1     N/A  N/A                                                               
ada2     N/A  N/A                                                               
ada3     N/A  N/A                                                               
ada4     N/A  N/A                                                               
 da1     N/A  N/A                                                               
 da2     N/A  N/A                                                               
 da3     N/A  N/A                                                               
 da4     N/A  N/A                                                               
ada5     N/A  N/A                                                               
 da0     N/A  N/A   

ada0 - ada5 directly onboard connected
da0 - da3 connected to a LSI controller

10 WDred 2TB
LSI SAS9212-4i4e Controller
FreeNAS-11.2-U6

Thank you in advance!

Heracles

Wizard
Hey Snorp,

DId you mirrored your boot device ? That may be what use both da4 and 3...

Heracles

Wizard
Hi again,

That screenshot is from the old WebUI. I recommend you get yourself familiar with the new one.

So all your 10WD drives are there. What is missing ?

snorp

Dabbler
Hi again,
That screenshot is from the old WebUI. I recommend you get yourself familiar with the new one.
So all your 10WD drives are there. What is missing ?

Right, you can see them all. But the last hard disk (da3) is missing in the Volume Manager to create a pool.