Directory Groups could not be retrieved

decibel83

Dabbler
Hi,
I installed FreeNAS 11.2-U6 from scratch and I connected it to my Active Directory domain controller.
After connecting it users and groups are retrieved, but after few minutes groups are no longer listed in storage pool permission, even if wbinfo correctly shows users and groups.

I get this repeating error in message logs:

Code:
Oct  1 16:28:58 fs uwsgi: [common.freenasusers:229] Directory Groups could not be retrieved: (-30973, 'BDB0087 DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery -- BDB0060 PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery')

If I reconnect FreeNAS to Active Directory again or rebuild the Directory Service Cache groups are retrieved, but after few minutes the problem happens again.

I googled about this error and I see that it's very generic, but I did not find any solution.

Could you help me please?

D

dlavigne

Please create a report at bugs.ixsystems.com and post the issue number here.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi,
I installed FreeNAS 11.2-U6 from scratch and I connected it to my Active Directory domain controller.
After connecting it users and groups are retrieved, but after few minutes groups are no longer listed in storage pool permission, even if wbinfo correctly shows users and groups.

I get this repeating error in message logs:

Code:
Oct  1 16:28:58 fs uwsgi: [common.freenasusers:229] Directory Groups could not be retrieved: (-30973, 'BDB0087 DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery -- BDB0060 PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery')

If I reconnect FreeNAS to Active Directory again or rebuild the Directory Service Cache groups are retrieved, but after few minutes the problem happens again.

I googled about this error and I see that it's very generic, but I did not find any solution.

Could you help me please?

That's an error message from the bsddb3 python library that is used for the user/group cache for the webUI in 11.2. I just made a code change to fix a possibly related issue today. Can you PM me a debug please? (System->Advanced-Save Debug) We can try hot-patching your server to see if it fixes the issue.

PhilipS

Contributor
I just received this same message after adding a new dataset and attempting to add the user and group owner to AD accounts on the dataset. The errors showed up in the console when scrolling down in the Users/Group dropdowns and only a partial list of available accounts were in the dropdown. Manually typing in the account name worked though.

This is on a system recently updated to 11.2-U7.

It still is connected to AD and everything appears to work okay still.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I just received this same message after adding a new dataset and attempting to add the user and group owner to AD accounts on the dataset. The errors showed up in the console when scrolling down in the Users/Group dropdowns and only a partial list of available accounts were in the dropdown. Manually typing in the account name worked though.

This is on a system recently updated to 11.2-U7.

It still is connected to AD and everything appears to work okay still.
The cache in 11.2 is rather fragile. In 11.3 it has been rewritten and won't suffer this problem. Try clicking on the UI button under "Directory Services
-> "Active Directory" and click on "rebuild cache".

joriz

Cadet
I have the same issue. Installed 2 machines with 11.2-U7 from scratch successful. Only the 3rd one is showing the error:

uwsgi: [common.freenasusers:229] Directory Groups could not be retrieved: (-30973, 'BDB0087 DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery -- BDB0060 PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery')

When i click "Rebuild Directory Service Cache" button it says "The cache is being rebuilt.". But how long do i have to wait? There is no confirmation that it is done...