directory users could not be retrieved :: size limit exceeded

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbgnr111

Cadet
I've run into an issue after binding freenas to our domain where it begins to hang and I'm not able to set AD rights.

initially I wasn't able to boot at all, but got past that by adding more ram (now at 32GB)

so now I'm not able to set rights, and on boot get multiple errors stating:

cachetool.py: [common.freenasusers:384] directory users could not be retrieved: {'desc': 'size limit exceeded'}
manage.py: [common.freenasusers:384] directory users could not be retrieved: {'desc': 'size limit exceeded'}

I'm not sure, but I suspect it's trying to read through all of the users and groups in AD. if this is the case is there any way I can limit where it looks, our AD has over 50,000 users and groups.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I've run into an issue after binding freenas to our domain where it begins to hang and I'm not able to set AD rights.

initially I wasn't able to boot at all, but got past that by adding more ram (now at 32GB)

so now I'm not able to set rights, and on boot get multiple errors stating:

cachetool.py: [common.freenasusers:384] directory users could not be retrieved: {'desc': 'size limit exceeded'}
manage.py: [common.freenasusers:384] directory users could not be retrieved: {'desc': 'size limit exceeded'}

I'm not sure, but I suspect it's trying to read through all of the users and groups in AD. if this is the case is there any way I can limit where it looks, our AD has over 50,000 users and groups.
That sounds like something worthy of a bug report. Once you create it, post a link here to the report here.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Agreed. That should be looked at immediately by a dev. Please file a bug report.

Status
Not open for further replies.