DeltaCopy (rsync) no longer saves since update to Truenas 12U1, 12U1.1 and 12U2

Yull

Cadet
Hello I have been using TrueNAS for several years (FreeNAS 2013) and everything worked fine up to 12RC

On the other hand, since 12U1 and more, I can no longer make my backups with DeltaCopy and QtdSync (based on rsync) under windows, on the other hand, the SMB sharing still works very well

With DeltaCopy :
Executing: rsync.exe -v -rlt -z --chmod=a=rw,Da+x --delete --exclude='parent.lock' "/cygdrive/C/Atrix/" "Media@192.168.50.199::jerome/Backup/Thunderbird/"
sending incremental file list
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (5 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /home/lapo/packaging/rsync-3.0.7-1/src/rsync-3.0.7/io.c(601) [sender=3.0.7]

With QtdSync :
rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 4 bytes to socket [sender]: Software caused connection abort (113)
rsync: read error: Software caused connection abort (113)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /home/lapo/packaging/rsync-3.0.7-1/src/rsync-3.0.7/io.c(760) [sender=3.0.7]

I returned to 12RC and everything is back to work

If you have any idea, thanks in advance

Yull

Cadet
Hello

So after several hours of searching everywhere, it seems that it comes from the zbib compression of the rsync server which to change the default mode

DeltaCopy and QtdSync would be using an older version of zlib which is not compatible with the new default mode of rsync
it seems confirmed when I turn off compression on DeltaCopy, it works (not found the option on QtdSync yet)

If anyone knew how to configure TrueNAS to make rsync compatible with the old zlib

thank you in advance