Deleting files does not free space

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeph

Dabbler
I deleted all snapshots for the volume
find . | grep recycle = no results

this volume was imported from a 9.3 m1015 v16 with the 'no serial' bug to version 9.10 m1015 v20
This caused it to be degraded in 9.10 but luckily resilvered [7 bytes] from a mirror. It's reporting no smart errors and scrub turns up nothing.

It's at 89% free space but i can't get it to go any lower by moving files off the pool to another pool.

Any ideas?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
You have verified in the webGUI under storage->snapshots that all the snapshots are gone?

beeph

Dabbler
it was a snapshot that didnt get deleted. It didnt say it was taking much space, a few megs, but it referred to the nearly full disk, so i guess it was stopping that space from being free'd in case of a clone. I thought it would have said like '50 gigs' under the used column, like other snapshots after big deletes i had seen. Maybe because i had moved the files to another volume it was using that volume's space and reporting a much lower space taken on the original volume

thanks for the help

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Yeah, I'd be lying if I said I completely understand how to expect how much space is used up by which snapshots, vis-a-vis what the used/refer says.

Status
Not open for further replies.