Deleted ix-applications dataset - how to reinstall it

rn16616

Cadet
I deleted ix-applications dataset in TrueNAS Scale 22.12 - rookie mistake from a new TrueNAS user.

Now docker etc is not running and I cannot install any applications. I recreated the ix-applications dataset with default settings but it is missing docker etc. How can I reinstall these other components into ix-applications to restore the basic environment? I cannot launch Docker Image in the GUI. When I use Pool I get the following error message:

Error: [EINVAL] kubernetes_update.force: Apps have been partially initialized on 'qnap464' pool but it is missing 'qnap464/ix-applications/docker, qnap464/ix-applications/k3s, qnap464/ix-applications/k3s/kubelet, qnap464/ix-applications/releases, qnap464/ix-applications/default_volumes, qnap464/ix-applications/catalogs' datasets. Specify force to override this and let system re-initialize applications.

I assume I need to reinstall docker and kubernetes into ix-applications...? Would really like to see some step-by-step instructions/guide if possible...

mail.fido

Cadet
It happened to me earlier this week. The fix is relatively easy, first check your BIOS clock is set to UTC time.
Then in the TrueNAS Scale GUI go to the System Settings/General/NTP Servers and Add "us.pool.ntp.org" the settings should be Burst/false, iBurst/true, Prefer/true, Min Poll/6, Max Poll/10.
Check/set your time in the Localization section to UTC as well to match your BIOS.
Restart your server and it should start populating the standard apps or you can go to Apps, select Available apps and them the Refresh button.

Last edited by a moderator:

mail.fido

Cadet
I assume I need to reinstall docker and kubernetes into ix-applications...? Would really like to see some step-by-step instructions/guide if possible..

I haven't got this far as yet..........

I assume I need to reinstall docker and kubernetes into ix-applications...? Would really like to see some step-by-step instructions/guide if possible..

I haven't got this far as yet..........
I was having a diff problem, but i ended up ditching my old ix-applications dataset. I just added a new mirror pool and set that as the pool in the Applications tab. the ix-applications folder and all dependencies were recreated automatically, I then reinstalled the apps as normal.

rn16616

Cadet
Thanks. Setting NTP worked and I was able to install an application again